Microsoft edits Xbox Play Anywhere support statement

Microsoft has altered it original statement for Xbox Play Anywhere, to say that "Every new title published from Microsoft Studios that [was] showed onstage at E3 this year will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store."

This is revised from the original statement, which we previously reported on which said that "Every new title published from Microsoft Studios will support Xbox Play Anywhere and will be easily accessible in the Windows Store."

The new wording suggests that we may not see all Microsoft Studio games support Xbox Play Anywhere in the future, but rather just select titles.

It seems unlikely for instance that games such as Crackdown 3 will arrive on PC. But this remains to be seen.

Games currently confirmed for Xbox Play Anywhere include Recore, Forza Horizon 3, Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, Halo Wars 2 and Gears of War 4.

Source: Red Dragon/Videogamer.

Edited On 07 Jul, 2016

Comments
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 5 months ago
Probably just changed it just for Crackdown 3. It has been in development a long time, and is supposed to be developed with the Xbox ONE hardware using the cloud, if I remember right, when they were not thinking about PC, so is probably a game that is not able or easy to put on PC. If it did get on PC it would probably be severely gimped like Quantum Break, but I imagine all games going forward will be developed for the PC and Xbox ONE.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
@super - I thought they dropped the cloud support - also MS have said that all platforms and developers are free to use their Cloud services (so technically games on PC, NX and PS4 could use the MS cloud for processing - I just thought they had stopped using it on this game? Also, There was news a few months ago that Crackdown was delayed to create a PC port - I'll see if I can find it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Shopto also reported on it : http://www.shopto.net/news/51660/Crackdown-3-delayed-to-2017
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 5 months ago
That was 3 weeks ago, Shopto now reports today "It seems unlikely for instance that games such as Crackdown 3 will arrive on PC"
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 5 months ago
Ah sorry, didn't see that paragraph! Personally I think crackdown will still be coming to PC as the reports a few weeks ago and confirmation from MS themselves said it was delayed to allow a PC port to be created. I Just think MS are undoing shooting themselves. As there are a lot of posts and some videos of people once again saying 'if there are no exclusives then why own an Xbox if I have a pc' so they obviously don't want to guarantee all games will be cross platform. I just think they are protecting themselves from releasing a game that's not cross platform getting sued by an American for not being what they said on their site.