The 2TB Xbox One S is out now - Here's what to expect

The Xbox One S 2TB console arrives in stores today and if you are yet to grab one then you may want to considering doing so.

Microsoft's slimline Xbox One is not only 40 percent smaller than the original Xbox One, but it also packs in a few new features too, making it quite an attractive proposition. Perhaps one of the biggest new features of the console is that it is now the cheapest 4K Blu-Ray player on the market. With the 2TB version coming in at just under £350 and the future 1TB and 500GB versions coming in even cheaper. This is sure to appeal to movie buffs out there, as well as those looking for a way to make use of their new 4KTVs.

No only will you be able to play 4K Blu-Rays but you'll also be able to stream 4K TV Shows and Movies via the likes of the Xbox Store, Amazon and Netflix. Of course, while the console does not support 4K gaming, it will be able to upscale and with HDR support promised for first party games, the on-screen action will be more colourful than ever.

As well as these new features, the console has also been redesigned, giving it an attractive robot white colour, a slimmer look and additions such as an IR Blaster, allowing you to configure your Xbox One S to turn on other devices such as your audio/video receiver and cable/satellite receiver.

Other features include the addition of the new Xbox Wireless Controller, which comes with a sleeker, more streamlined design with up to twice the wireless range. It also has a new textured grip and Bluetooth, making it compatible with Windows 10 PCs, tablets and phones. The 2TB Xbox One S also comes with a vertical stand, allowing you to place the console upright, saving even more space.

Look out for pre-order information on the 500GB and 1TB versions soon and in the meantime don't forget that you can buy the 2TB version now.

Edited On 07 Aug, 2016

Comments
Moizer's avatar
Moizer 4 months ago
Not out til 2nd of August???
Jason 4 months ago
Does look nice but not £350 kinda nice. Sky Q gives me 4k Football its all I need for just now heh hehe
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 months ago
I have not seen one piece of info of what HDD it uses, same as the standard Xbox ONE or SSHD as in the Elite. If it uses SSHD then I may consider getting one, otherwise if it is a standard HDD then my Elite will still do, considering I do not have 4K and still use the Kinect and the S has been reported to be slightly louder, only reason to get S is save space with no power brick and smaller size. I was going to get the Gears of War limited edition one, but then they increased it by £50, so not getting it now.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Don't like the design of the white one - looks like a speaker with the huge fan holes which are very visible - other colours may be okay. Seems like having that many holes on the top of the unit will cause it to get full of fluff and dirt though, which is why they are usually at the back or sides.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
@superniceguy: https://www.ifixit.com/Teardown/Xbox+One+S+Teardown/65572 -- seems like its the same chipset on the MB which is SATA 2 but they have put in a SATA 3 HDD (not a SSD or hybrid. so will be limited to SATA 2 speeds regardless
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
M9T ST2000LM003 2 TB 5400 RPM with 32 MB Cache SATA III 6.0 Gb/s hard drive is the make and model of the one inside, so using a USB 3.0 external would be your choice as supposedly touching the internal voids the warranty.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 4 months ago
I purchased it, it's great y'all! Looks way, way, WAY better in WHITE than the black one ever did AND it IS discernably smaller than XBOne First Print ^0^ ^0^! Colors are noticeably more florid which should work well when it comes to the Forza Horizon 3 release which is what made me purchase it ^0^ ^0^!! Controller, using bluetooth so Windows gaming PCs compatible, ain't to be sniffed at either! All my Dead or Alive costume DLC is looking GREAT also, on this latest iteration. Plus, so is Now Tv Cinema ^0^ ^0^!! Sound is much crisper also. DOOM sounds eerier and you really hear the gals moan when they lose a fight in Dead or Alive ^0^ ^0^!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 4 months ago
All is boding REAL well for Project Scorpio. Might NOT purchase project NX now ^0^ ^0^!!
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 4 months ago
I combined him with a Seagate 8TB external hard drive 'cause I'm gonna be feeding this Lil' B*gger gaming content ^0^ ^0^!! HONESTLY, if only MS were to poach that King of Fighters XiV release, they would have themselves a sale ^0^ ^0^ o_0!!
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
@fear - you do know everything you said was better are things that haven't changed? It should be the same as the original Xbox one. The only difference is a 4k buffer that only 2 games are going to take advantage of so far, the new GOW and Forza - other than that its just the placebo effect that you think its better....
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
Hahahahahahaha
PHILIP 4 months ago
lol :-)
Jason 4 months ago
I think your imagining these differences as Turnip says its pretty much the same machine in the areas you specified. Ill just sit tight for Scorpio as my XB1 runs great.
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 4 months ago
Yup, y'all just 'sit tight for Project Scorpio' o_0. I'll be getting that, too, should the release schedule look any good. So, don't worry ^0^ ^0^ ^0^!! The sound system on the machine is totally different, though. I can tell you that for free ^0^ ^0^. 'Joe', you back on here SO SOON after the wifey's water having broke and GIVING you that 'miracle' of childbirth?! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA ...^0^ ^0^!! NmL ^0^ ^0^!!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 months ago
If I get one it will be the 500GB version and probably trade in / sell my day one version, without kinect. Microsoft offer free Kinect adapters to people who own both S and kinect with its console, so may not be able to trade it in first, so may have to sell the old Xbox ONE after buying the S, but if Neo releases this year then I may buy that instead.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
that's got nothing to do with you. I find it rather disrespectful and insulting that you would ever bring up someone else's real life situation on a gaming news site. We might have a clash of opinions at times but that's crossing the line bringing anything to do with my family up. If what I have ever said to you in the past has made you feel offended then I apologise as I know how you must of felt now.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 months ago
got the gears one ordered before the price went up , see how neo goes before I choose