PlayStation VR document shows required space and more

Sony has recommended a room of at least 3 metres x 1.9 metres in order to use PlayStation VR.

A PlayStation VR document uploaded to Reddit showed the information above, as well as recommending that users "remain seated whenever possible", and sit at least 0.6m (2 ft) from the PlayStation Camera.

"Limit your use of PS VR to within the Play Area. The height of the Play Area depends on the range captured by the camera. Clear an area larger than the Play Area of all obstacles before using PS VR and remain seated whenever possible. If an application requires you to stand while wearing, the VR headset, follow the application instructions carefully, and maintain awareness of your surroundings."

The document, seen below, also confirms that stereo headphone will be included with PlayStation VR.

PlayStation VR arrives on October 13 for £349.

Edited On 29 Jul, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
That's a load of crap - 3m room - for what? if you only have to be 2ft away to use the headset are they bringing out active games that require you to stand up and move about? I know job simulator is coming and that one you stand up and move like the HTC but I thought the majority of games are sit down and play - I don't have a lot of room to play with until I move my things around
BEN 6 months ago
Do you need the camera for this ?
Jason 6 months ago
This is going to flop harder than Kinect.
LONIA 6 months ago
Can't see it sinking like Kinect as this has a few games already..Kinect doesn't
Jason 6 months ago
I take it your using the term games rather loosely
LONIA 6 months ago
Resi evil and gt sport by jan
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 6 months ago
I've decided, now my new job pays a lot better than my last, that i'm going to keep my VR thats on order, if it doesn't 'wow' me within the first 6 months or so then I'll just sell it on. I seriously think everyone read the above leaflet wrong though as its just telling you the play area and to stay in it - as in don't wander off as the camera needs to see you. I'm guessing all games will work in VR mode in a 'cinema' style as well, like they do on PC? That might be cool if the quality is okay
PHILIP 6 months ago
@turnip... kept my preorder. Main concern is (as for any VR unit not just Sonys) it will make me feel nauseous. If that's the case I will sell it before Christmas comes to try and get some money back for it. Horror games will benefit greatly I think from a VR experience. Agreed It may turn out to be a novelty thing like kinect but my main concern with that was response issues hampered game play regardless of lighting conditions in my living room. Can't comment on kinect 2.0 as never give it a chance but the 360 original was not accurate enough. Either way come end of October I am sure I'll know if I am keeping it.