No Man's Sky has the best selling launch on Steam this year

No Man’s Sky is the top selling launch game on Steam this year, it has been revealed.

According to stats revealed, there was 213,000 simultaneous players on its launch day, which is 50 per cent more than any other 2016 launch.

Given that concurrent players are not sales figures, the actual sales for PC will likely be a lot higher than the number seen above.

With the PS4 version becoming the second best selling exclusive launch ever in the UK, behind Uncharted 4, you can bet that Hello Games have smiles all around this morning. We'd expect with all the money made from the game so far the studio will be doing all it can to iron out any issues are support the game fully over the future months.

Edited On 15 Aug, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Could also be that the sales figures are a lot lower as well - a lot of people bought it on release thinking it was going to be amazing only to get refunds when they realised the game didn't work.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 months ago
People found codes within pc version with references to a xbox one version soon , although i found it really boring sold it the same day lol
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
@True - the file was the shaders or something - but they also had them for the 360 and PS3. I doubt it will come to Xbox as its plastered everywhere as a console exclusive - they don't do that unless they know. I watch a youtuber called LGR (Lazy game reviewer) and he did a good review of it, but says nothing happens until you get the to center after 20 hours, then it gets good and you have a purpose. I've spent 170 hours on Star Ocean 5 so far, but only 3 on this because it doesn't make me want to carry on playing
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 months ago
oh right must of read it wrong lol I was the same been online with transformers more put about 30 hours in now really fun
Jason 4 months ago
This game is Monkey Spunk, id give it a 5.
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 4 months ago
been playing ot on ps4 . smooth as hell since day1. but im bang into space exploration so i was always gonna enjoy this one . . think the real problems are only on PC . which sucks for them
Chris 4 months ago
No there are problems on ps as well it has frozen my ps twice and has crashed over a dozen times including 4 times in around an hour dont have this with any other game and have 2 other friends with the same issues
LONIA 4 months ago
I've played around 15 hours on ps4 with no issues..maybe lucky...average game for me.plays obit like destiny farming
jay.hamilton's avatar
jay.hamilton 4 months ago
strange one then . may be connection based crashes . tge condition of the ps4 maybe . who knows
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
There is a lot of people having crashes with the game - even a few streamers had it crash upon the patch installing - mine crashed twice, once as soon as I booted it up and again a few hours in when landing on a planet. Its not as bad as the PC where you're lucky if it boots, and if it does then hopefully you get about 15fps. Playstation version is smooth but there are issues and memory leaks - I just hope they dont' just concentrate on fixing the PC and ignore the PS4 versions. I'm not going back on it until a patch comes out to address the crashing.