Tuesday Chat: August 16

It's Tuesday, so how are you all today?

Gamescom kicks off today in terms of gaming news and announcements hopefully, although there are no actual press conferences at all this year, so perhaps that's just us hoping a little.

The show itself starts on August 17 for press and the day after for everyone else, so traditionally today was the day we always had the conferences. Maybe someone will bring us some news anyway.

Let's hope so.

So how are you? Let's chat!

Edited On 16 Aug, 2016

Comments
Chris 4 months ago
Had an hour on no man's sky this morning and already had my ps4 frozen and fell through the planet while mining some emeril omg what a glitchy game
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
That seems abit ridiculous, your witcher 3 saves won't be compatible with the GOTY version.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Chris, you are lucky - I popped it on last night, the PS4 froze, I re-booted it and the whole thing crashed. Now i'm not blaming NMS but I did have to put my old 2tb back in and re-install OS 3.55 to get it to work again - I think my SATA extension is dead so i'm gonna buy something a bit more professional instead tonight for my 4tb drive. I'm just glad I only 'lost' 1 save game as everything uploads to the cloud every night.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Yeah I saw that Toots! They are saying it is a new set of achievements with the DLC built in so it isn't compatible - Which is silly. So you either but the Season Pass or you buy the GOTY edition I guess. I was gonna get rid of mine and get the GOTY so its all on disc and don't need ot download about 18gig each time I uninstall the re-install, but I guess I can't :(
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 months ago
Not quite sure whats the point of Gamescom this year going to be an anti climax I know there is a Destiny stream tonight but not a lot else. The Witcher story does seem a bit strange that saves wont carry over.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 4 months ago
Witcher 3 GOTY seems to be like Shadows of Mordor GOTY then, where achievements and saves are not linked to the original version.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 4 months ago
was hoping for a separate achievements list for witcher goty getting it for sure now
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
My ps4 beta code just come through. Gonna redeem it in a min and download tonight. Wonder if there will be any other new things they didn't mention like last time? I want a fast and easy save file backup process and finally a chance to get rid of all those demos and betas
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
They did it!!!! On the ps4 in 4.0 you can upload and download multiple game saves at once. So you can just download all saves from the cloud without having to go back and forth!! That took me about 8 hours to do last time I got a new Hd !! Folders are nice too :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
It has a screen saver - did it used to?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
There is a 'transfer data from another ps4 to this ps4' option. Doesn't erase the other ps4 data but does on this one. Guess that's for popping your old hd on usb and moving to bigger drive without backup and restore
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 4 months ago
@turniplord are you allowed to comment what's in the beta? I thought usually you have to click an agreement stating that you won't talk about the features :p it all sounds good though
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
I do but its fine. this is the stuff they said about anyway - apart from the mass upload and download of saves which is what i've wanted for ages. and a few things that I don't know what they do yet but will soon as my 4tb has gone strange, NMS kinda killed the HD so I need to set everything back up again - so I'll try out the other new feature over weekend
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
ohhhhhhhhhh, with the beta installed you can't use remote play on the PC anymore - thats a pain. May have to take the beta off then cos i use remote to my PC a lot