Wednesday Chat: August 17

It's Wednesday and Gamescom is in full swing, so have you seen any gaming news that excites you? The news of the Titanfall 2 beta perhaps?

Yes, Titanfall 2 gets a beta this weekend and next weekend, while Battlefield 1 is also set for a beta. There's bound to be a lot more news this week too (we hope), while Deus EX reviews are due on August 19 (our's will likely be a little later).

So how are you all?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 17 Aug, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
I dunno when my Deus Ex will arrive - ordered elsewhere to get a free Steelbook. Hopefully it comes weekend, but if not then thats fine. I'll probably stream it on my first playthrough as I got a PS4 camera now :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Joe - did you get the PS4 beta? I know i'm not supposed to talk about it but I'm so happy with it! Does everything I've wanted it to do for a while. They have changed the way it all looks as well - it looks 'cleaner' if that makes sense? I love the new 'hold PS button' menu - quick access to trophies without leaving the game and stuff. Can't wait to see what others 'aren't in the beta' as they said :)
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 months ago
Not seen much news at all supposedly EA's conference spent 90% of it on FIFA! Destiny stream was quite good got me more excited about the expansion in September. Only other thing I have seen is the Monster Boy trailer yesterday which looks promising being a fan of the old Wonder Boy games on the Master System.
Jason 4 months ago
Turnip all I ever read on shopto is you telling them how your buying all your games from elsewhere and I mean always. Its a bit rude
Jason 4 months ago
Looking forward to Battlefield beta and the Titanfall beta two day one buys for me. Hoping f1 arrives today but most likely be tomorrow. It looks much improved on the crap that was last years version. All depends on the online I guess
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
@Jason he's entitled to buy his games from where he wants. Shopto use to be brilliant on price when i started commenting on here 5 years ago. they are a bit shoddy now.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
@bindiana I wasn't complaining about Eas gamescom. I'm looking forward to this fifa. Even looking forward to ultimate team for once!
Jason 4 months ago
I agree joe toots he is but hes doesnt need to constantly keep telling us all.
Massey's avatar
Massey 4 months ago
I've gone back on my 360 playing captain America super soldier and ac brotherhood
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
@jason - I don't say it all the time considering the majority of my games are either from here or digitally. Plus I never said where I got it from, just that I wanted the Steelbook - something Shopto didn't offer - which they 'could' use as market research for why it was bought elsewhere - so be quiet. Seriously, if you don't like people talking about 'general' things in the 'general' chat thread why don't you just do one? Simple.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Plus, there is no T&C regarding the 'forum' section as it's separate to the main site. I remember there used to be one just saying you can't discuss prices (posts will be deleted if you do) but nothing about stating 'what you have done' - so stop being such a pain and chill out. You are always so aggressive and looking for a fight - we really need a way to block people on here.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 months ago
Yeah was good for FIFA fans like yourself but that was about it. The PES FIFA battle should be interesting this year
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
it will be interesting but it usually boils down to one thing. Licenses. I know none of my casual mates will buy PES because of the licenses.
Jason 4 months ago
Dont think FIFA has a look in this year compared to PES. It might have the razzmatazz but the core gameplay is shit. PES ripped it to pieces last year and by the looks of things will be even further ahead this year.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
@Jason, didn't rip it to pieces in the area it matters though. The sales figures.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 4 months ago
Hi Turniplord. Yeah I got the beta. I like the changes though at the same time things the redesign could be better. The menus look a bit ugly now. Especially What's New and the Game Menus. I also think the Quick Menu could look better. Also they need to make folders fit in with the background better.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
yeah they are a bit out of place - but i'm sure that's a 'theme' thing - I'm using the FF7 theme so it doesn't have new graphics to cover the options. The 1 thing I hate is when you goto the 'library' and click a game it takes about 10 seconds to bring up the 'start' option - used to be instant, so i'm gonna report that on their Forum about it. I like the 'hold ps' and 'Broadcast' screen, but I wonder if that will be a big black box on streams like it used to be? I hope not. Might try tonight in a private stream with myself.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
Meant to say this yesterday but I forgot - Because FF15 has been delayed until the end of Nov - does that mean it will launch with Neo mode built in as well? If so, that's pretty good as the original release would have meant they technically didn't have to do anything but now they do so hopefully they will fully use the power they have.