Watch the first PS4 Slim Unboxing and see the new Dualshock 4

A new video has appeared, showing an unboxing of the PS4 Slim and the newly designed Dualshock 4, which seems to have allow the lightbar to travel up to the top of the console.

This unboxing gives you the best view yet of the PS4 Slim console and it looks a lot better than in the pictures we've seen so far.  Looking at the video you can see that the console is much thinner than original console. It's also confirmed that there doesn't seem to be a digital optical out port.

Unfortunately the PS4 video has been set to private for now, however we've managed to take a gif of the new Dualshock 4, so that's something.

Notice how the light now flashes on top too.

Edited On 23 Aug, 2016

Comments
Techsnologic's avatar
Techsnologic 4 months ago
'this video is private'. Can't watch the video unfortunately
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
here is a picture for those who missed it https://gyazo.com/3198dacb1b9418bbd080905e17af9b07
Jason 4 months ago
THE DUALSHOCK 4 for people with weird hands
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
Jason you really are just an xbox fanboy aren't you? it's actually pathetic.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 4 months ago
Wouldnt surprise me he is being paid to mention Xbox on every Playstation article if not he seriously needs help. On topic not sure I like the new slim design console the plastic looks a little cheap prefer the shiny look of the original
Jason 4 months ago
Im entitled to my views Toots. Its a weird shape and give me sore hands after any sustained use the sticks are in an unnatural position. I have a ps4 but never use it for this reason. Its a common complaint in ps4 gamers why they all use convertors to use the Xbox Elite the best controller on the market by a huge distance
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 4 months ago
Just so I don't get banned for what I'd like to say to the Xbox employee of the year, I'm just gonna say LOL
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 4 months ago
You are entitled to your opinion but when your opinion constantly consists of bashing PlayStation and praising xbox it just gets a little boring. PS4 could come with perfect 4k 60FPS and you'd still find a downfall to it or a way to put xbox infront. Chill out and just enjoy the games.
PHILIP 4 months ago
Jason you are Phil Spencers Love child ? Why do you constantly bash Sony and are on Sony news feeds if you are so happy with your Xbox and hate them so much ? Its a game console FFS ! I can only presume you are are a school kid and if not grow up and just enjoy gaming whether its on a Sony or an Xbox.
spaceninjaUK's avatar
spaceninjaUK 4 months ago
I dont like the look of the playstation 4 slim or the controller
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
I like the look of the new controller, wasn't the biggest issue though that people wanted the light to be turned off? Maybe with this you can turn off the screen facing light but have the top one on? That would be cool. Never understood why games used that light to show the level of your health when you couldn't easily see it :)
LONIA 4 months ago
Think turnip did well not to react to Jason's comments after all the fanboy accusations Jason gives turnip..normally when turnips just giving info
LONIA 4 months ago
I can't believe they've added another light..I still have black tape on mine.very annoying
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 4 months ago
What I find funny is the extra light on top because who actually looks at the controller when playing? lol
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 4 months ago
@Chrissay - I think the light on the top is a good idea, some games use the light really effectively, like in kill one it goes yellow then red the more you get hurt, same in other games, of cosmetically like in gta it flashes red and blue if the cops are after you, so it can be programmed to do decent things, I just don't think devs have bothered because it's facing away and most people just dim it. I want more games to use the touchpad as something other than s big button as well haha! Devs became lazy when it meant doing something on the ps4 would have to be different to the Xbox which doesn't have lights, touch or sound (does it even have motion?)
MATTHEW 4 months ago
I much prefer the ps4 controller, the xbox one is the weird layout
Bunglefluff's avatar
Bunglefluff 4 months ago
Each to their own :) But no controller comes close to the Elite controller IMO, including Dualshock 4. Once you've used one, ALL other controllers feel cheap and toyish. The Elite pad is a professional piece of kit :)