Friday Chat: August 26

What are you plans for the weekend? We're not sure what we are up to quite yet, but it is sure to involve some gaming. Perhaps we'll try out the Titanfall 2 Multiplayer test once more, since there will be some changes to it this weekend. So what about you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 26 Aug, 2016

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
been playing fifa 17 beta. Can't say much all i will say is 'WOW!' did you manage to get in the beta Joe?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Been on Deus Ex a lot. Finished my first play through this morning (at about 3am) and got the Pacifist award - dind't kill anyone! All I did was knock outs and stun guns. The bosses you can 'talk' into giving themselves up apart from the last one so you have to be creative with that one if you don't want to kill them (by your own hands). Has a new game + mode which transferred all my experience, items, money, augs I had bought etc... so thats good. Game took me about 50-60 hours to complete as I did about 80% of the side missions and spent a lot of time exploring every area to try and see as much as I could. And now i'm back on Star Ocean to get the Plat before Attack on Titan arrives
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
A lot of people aren't happy about the new DR 4 footage. They have removed the timer (which I don't mind) but you are basically slaughtering the zombies like a Dynasty Warriors game (again, I love those games, so I don't mind) but that's taken away the charm from the series. You now have regenerative health and there is no sense of danger or skill needed - you just go outside in hundreds of zombies and pick up any weapon and slaughter them all with ease, most are 1 hit kills who explode upon impact. I dunno - I'll probably like it as I like mindless killing (its something to do that you dont' need to be 100% focused on) but a lot of people aren't happy on other sites.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
Turnip? what do you think of Deus Ex's Micro-transactions practice? there's been a lot of controversy surrounding it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
At first I wasn't happy - usually games asking you to pay for upgrades and cash means it hard to get in-game. But that's not the case (probably why others are moaning, because they haven't finished) - I was progressing steadily and getting new piraxies all the time. By the time I'd finished the play through I had all but 4 upgrades (not 4 total, just 4 pathways). So you really don't need to buy them unless you want to get them quicker. Also, when you finish you have new game + which starts again but with literally everything you had at the end of the game, so you can play the harder difficulty but fully pumped out from the start. So yeah, I don't know why they are there, but you really don't need them - my first play through was on medium and the pacifist route where I killed nobody - including guards
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
The other thing they are moaning at is that some dlc is 1 use. Again - who cares? You redeem the money and piraxies then you have it on your play through. When finished and go to new game plus you have whatever you used carried with you. It's a strange way of doing it, but it does kinda stop you making a load of new games. On ps4 you can only have 11 saves at a time as well
Jason 3 months ago
FIFA17 is WOW ......anything would seem WOW compared to the mess that was 16.Hope FIFA have turned it around this year but I just cant see it beating PES. FIFA was my football game my whole life till 16.... whats WOW about it
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 months ago
@joe No I didn't get the beta for some reason. What's WOW about it? You have me curious now. We talking gameplay?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
The gameplay just seems so crisp. Having played the PES demo and the fifa Beta i know where my money is going. The additions to ultimate team are very good. Especially the squad building part. The rewards seem great.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 months ago
You like the PES demo? I think the gameplay is amazing. I love FIFA, so if the gameplay is better than PES then I'm amazed and excited. Also Rangers should be back in FIFA now. Woo.
Jason 3 months ago
Ive spoken a few friends on the beta and they say its pretty much the same game as last year but a bit faster again. They stuck with FIFA last year but are moving to PES this year after the PES demo how brilliant it is. I know where my moneys going and its not the rinse repeat rubbish of FIFA, bot on the most amazing gameplay probably ever seen in a football game. Last year was near perfect this tyear may just be perfection. Licenses are an issue for children but for adults they matter little as long as the beautiful is well captured, which it is.
Jason 3 months ago
Says it all hes just a fanboy its WOW and all you have to say its crisp you were laughing at PES licesnses last week. You just play UT on mummys credit card , I doubt id take any kind of advice off you based on its WOW because its crisp. Nice troll though 7/10 you and turnip are brothers?
Jason 3 months ago
Rangers better be back, because WE ARE BACK WATP
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
Jason throwing the "fanboy" phrase around. Oh the irony. I love both FIF and pes. I get them both every year. I don't feel the need to give my loyalty to one or the other. The fact is FIFA 17 is going to be a really good game. It actually feels like a good game this year.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
Not like FIFA 16. I only stuck it out with 16 because it's what my mates play. They despise PES because of the licenses.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
The reason why I haven't given an in depth review of the beta is because o zany. It isn't allowed by EA with it being a closed beta.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
Also "mummy's credit card" i would be worried if I had to rely on my mum at my age. Grow up Jason. My most played game mode on FIFA is H2H seasons.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Attack on Titans is a lot of fun - gets really hectic though, but its fun. Just seen that my God Eater 2 has been posted this morning as well - really hope its here tomorrow because of bank holiday.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Has Star Trek online been reported as coming to the PS4? The trophies are live so the game will follow shortly I guess: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5214-Star-Trek-Online
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
Star Trek Online is coming to both PS4 and Xbox ONE. https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/star-trek-online/news/detail/9956413
Jason 3 months ago
Joe toots you have twice said and I quote " I know where my moneys going" in two diffrent threads and once whilst laughing at licences now your saying you buy both. Stop trolling and just enjoy your game fella which ever one you prefer.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
You can search every single one of my gaming profiles and you'll see that I have had both every year. The consoles vary though. Last year I had them both on PS4. Year before I had them both on PC. Year before that I had FIFA on PS4 and Xbox and PES just on Xbox. Stop with your pathetic attempt at trolling and go drool over the Scorpio.
LONIA 3 months ago
You shouldn't have to explain yourself toots..everyone seems to get fanboy bull off jason
Jason 3 months ago
So what do you mean by I know where my moneys going insinuating FIFAs way better, when your going to be buying both. Your just making yourself appear foolish. Better to say nothing andjust enjoy your games
khitosan's avatar
khitosan 3 months ago
I am a little worried about my preorder or God Eater burst 2 as the money has not been taken from my account and the preorder is still saying Awaiting Release. do you know what's going on??