Wednesday Chat: September 9

It's Wednesday, so how are you all today?

There's only one thing on our mind today and that's the PlayStation Meeting, which finally takes place later tonight. Not only will this allow Sony to give PlayStation VR one last big push before launch, but we're also expecting to hear of the PlayStation Slim and of course Neo, it's powerful 4K version of the PS4.

We can't wait to find out more, and of course we'll bring you all the news as it happened.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 07 Sep, 2016

Comments
paulaw's avatar
paulaw 3 months ago
Looking forward to the PlayStation meeting tonight but I am nervous that the new Neo/4k PS4 will clash with the VR release and most people will have to decide which one they should buy... Its going to be hard to pay out for both. I also have a feeling a new Read Dead game announcement might close the meeting... ;)
Turniplord 3 months ago
I'm hoping pre-orders go live on here soon as the event is over (if they announce the Neo) If not i'll pre-order on the site that usually has it first just in case i'm too late on here tomorrow :P I bought that 'The tomorrow people' last night - was on it for like 4 hours before I realised how long I was on it - I have no idea what i'm doing, but its kinda fun
listerdaleo's avatar
listerdaleo 3 months ago
Vr looking forward to most as currently you know when its coming and what ya get. But neo if seems worth it .. which sure is then i can only see a release date around Xmas..
Jason 3 months ago
Neo will be a ps4.5 which a shame as Xbox will destroy it next holidays. Fans want power ..this gen has shown that, why waste money on psvr a poor vr in comparision to rift etc . People better keeping their cash for next year when Xbox becomes king and they released the most powerful console ever to grace planet earth. I genuinely think tonights news conference might just be Sony saying we cant compete with MS were just gonna shut up shop and good night. Its a possibilty anyway im not ruling out
PHILIP 3 months ago
You hear that everyone ! Jason has spoken... All 40 million people must sell their ps4 consoles quickly and save all their cash for a scorpiotropolitamus that will rule the planet and send Sony into silicon heaven.... Yeah.... true mighty wisdom there lol
Turniplord 3 months ago
You're getting really desperate now, aren't you Jason? You do realise 40m owners and a year head start will more than likely make MS give up rather than Sony? Plus this gen hasn't been about 'power' as you claim. Ask all 40m ps4 owners and most will say it's because of the games and the exclusives. Just because you prefer Halo and GoW doesn't mean everyone else does. I dread to think what job you get when you grow up - you will drive the managers crazy if any change comes into place!
PHILIP 3 months ago
And "fans want power" The xbox 1 isn't the most powerful console but does that make it a failure ? no it doesn't.. Gears of war is one of my favourite series. I own one... you own one... (I think)... I wonder what happened in your life for you to hate a game console so much ? I really think you are a closet Sony fan but are trying to fight it in the only way you know by posting hate on Sony news feeds.
PHILIP 3 months ago
@Joe Anderson - Back on topic I know you'll keep us posted with the news on the consoles so looking forward to your updates tomorrow..... please :-) :-)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
I will be getting a Neo for definite as do not require 4K TV for it, and games will be 1080p/60fps. MS is a mess atm, I have only bought one Xbox exclusive this year - Quantum Break, and 3 have been removed (Fable Legends, Project Spark and soon Xbox Fitness). Last year MS rocked, this year Sony rocked. I will only get a Scorpio if it can do both 1080p/60fps or 4k/30fps, and is priced £400-450, anything more will not be worth it, unless it can do 4K at 60fps which I doubt.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
Star Trek Online is available now on PS4 but does not seem to be available on Xbox ONE yet.
Turniplord 3 months ago
yeah, I grabbed ST last night - got an email saying it was there but took a few hours to appear. The Microtransactions are terrible. the PSN store is full of games' microtransactions now - you should be able to filter it so you don't see things like RB Music and MT if you are just looking for real DLC.
Turniplord 3 months ago
Oh, bit of Yakuza news :) In Yakuza 5 in the 'arcade' in-game you could play Virtua Fighter 2 - in Yakuza 6 on PS4 they have a fully playable version of Virtua Fighter 5 within the in-game arcade. Can't wait to see what other games they put in there, probably a driving game and a rhythm game.
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 months ago
Turnip I have heard its Outrun puyo Puyo and Fantasy zone are other games in the arcades
craig 3 months ago
Why does every comment section end up a ps4 vs Xbox ,I've owned both and sold the ps4 because although it's more powerful the psn is inferior to xbl ,and the games that were promised to define the generation ie the order and no mans lie were complete piles of shit al stick with forza halo and gears enjoy your more powerful consoles suckers lol
Turniplord 3 months ago
Cool, I can't wait - I love how they add real 'almost full' games into the Arcade in the game - makes it more 'real'. I doubt we will get Yakuza 6 until mid>end of 2017 though. I would import it but for a game like this you need to understand what's being said :(
Turniplord 3 months ago
@Craig - that's the thing though, The people who like sony don't tend to start anything, if you look back at a few where this has happened, you will see 1 particular person who comes in and starts going off on one which then starts people responding to their silly claims. Most of us couldn't care less whether you like the PS4 or the Xbox One, its all down to preference - plus you kinda prove our point - people didn't buy the PS4 because 'it had more power' - they bought it for the games, you like Xbox's games so you stuck with your Xbox regardless of 'power' - yet some people seem to think that's the only reason PS4 sold 2x as many consoles - which is just a load of crap :)
craig 3 months ago
Hahaha I'm just adding fuel to a fire a don't care really a think my Xbox gets turned on once a week a just love the fact adults can argue over which computer is the best
Jason 3 months ago
Sony have been outdone by MS at every turn this gen.Elite controllers, Xbox Live, Backwards Compatability, Exclusives, going for Rift for VR and bringing out the Scorpio next year etc. Xbox lost on sales because fo Mattrick outside that its been a walkin park for MS. They give fans what they want now in updates, great company
LONIA 3 months ago
Ooooooooh betty
LONIA 3 months ago
Just admit it..both consoles have been poor this gen.that's why we're getting this new consoles..they
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 3 months ago
Yeah Microsoft really have been way in front of Sony this gen, apart from actually selling consoles, changing their licence ideas (used discs) just because they knew they'd have to RIP. Yay Xbox got an elite controllers. Does that make a game play better on screen, or just play better in your opinion? You're really annoying go back to hogwarts troll
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
PS4 did well because it was more powerful and a nice price. Xbox ONE was less powerful, forced Kinect on everyone and cost more. Xbox ONE had more exclusives which is why I went with that instead of PS4. 2013-2015 Xbox had way more exclusives than PS4, but this year Xbox has been the wirst with only one game so far, PS4 has had loads. When Scorpio releases next year Xbox will probably have more games again, and the lull this year is probably due to games being delayed / reworked for Scorpio. My only concern is that Scorpio will be too expensive and not worth it if you do not have or not fussed with 4K. I have seen price of Neo being £349 and that is a nice price, and more people will be able afford that. If MS want Scorpio to do well it needs to be close to that price, or else it will be like 2013 again and Neo more popular than Scorpio. I have not liked MS pulling Project Spark and totally ditching kinect, plus putting exlusives on PC, as it loses the integrity of Xbox, but I am still not ditching Xbox, it is still my preferred console, for multiplatform games, but now I like both PS4 and Xbox ONE, and enjoying what they both have to offer. Overall Xbox 360 has been and still is my all time favourite console.
Turniplord 3 months ago
@supernuceguy - didn't think there were this many, but true exclusives (not on PC) there have been 60 on ps4 and 13 on Xbox one (includes ones yet to come out as well on both platforms) - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_game_exclusives_(eighth_generation)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
When Xbox ONE launched it had Forza 5, Ryse, Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Killer Instinct, Lococycle, powerstar golf, zoo tycoon. PS4 just had Killzone, knack and resogun. Xbox ONE had more exclusives and that took my fancy, now that most has gone to PC, Xbox is severely lacking. Last year there was Rare Replay, Elite Dangerous, Halo 5, Forza 6, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Neverwinter, Scream Ride, state of decay, ori and the blind forest, gears ultimate edition plus BC. The only decent exclusives on PS4 last year was Until Dawn and Bloodborne. As time went on Xbox ONE had more exclusives, but now PS4 does as most Xbox exclusives are also now on PC or even PS4. This year Xbox ONE has had Quantum Break so far, whereas PS4 has had Uncharted 4, Ratchet and Clank, No Mans Sky, Valkyria Chronicles, Star Ocean, Shadow of the Beast, exclusivity in Lego Force awakens and Hitman.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
Also PS4 has been great with bringing PS2 classics to PS4 with trophies. I Have bought almost all of these, I hope yakuza 1 and 2 will come to PS4. Then I can play through 3-6. If not will have to play them on PS2.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
with all this arguing forget consoles we need some of these in here! https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f9/e2/76/f9e2768c4e7eadf08fc21b5052c6bfee.jpg
Bindiana's avatar
Bindiana 3 months ago
Still selective with your memories I see. No mention of Uncharted Trilogy, Last of Us remastered, Tearaway, Littlebigplanet 3, Disgaea 5, God of War 3 remastered, Tales of Zesteria, Sword Art Online, Mega Dimension Neptunia, The order 1866, Infamous Second Son & first Light and Drive club to name a few in your timescale you seem to have forgotten
Turniplord 3 months ago
Said it many times - It all comes down to preference. If you like games that are exclusive to a certain console then you will go with them. Thats why I also have a Wii U and 3DS because they have so many exclusives that its silly not to own them both. I agree though, a lot of the MS exclusives started as Xbox only then after a year they pretty much all went to PC an no longer were exclusive, so the list on that page probably was a little different, but the PS4 has had more (number wise) since day one, but it may be games that you never looked into as they weren't your thing, like the Koei games (until they went to Steam) for example. But yeah, technically MS always had les s- but personally you may have seen more because you were more interested in those games than the kind Sony have exclusivity on.
Turniplord 3 months ago
@super, you don't need to play 1 and 2 I dont' think. I never played them. I have 4 and zombies but I've not got round to playing them - I jumped straight in on 5 and loved it, it links with the others as it's had the same guy since the first one (which they are supposedly ending in 6) but 5 explained things enough that I never felt lost or had no idea whats going on - I just got the names mixed up a lot as I'm not good with Japanese names
Turniplord 3 months ago
Is One-piece burning blood any good? Didn't think too much of the demo - its the deal of the week so its kinda tempting me :/
Turniplord 3 months ago
Just gone to look at the Apple website (they leaked the iphone 7 and 7+ on their own website before! stupid morons) - they are live streaming their even at 6pm, but I can't watch it in Chrome. The streaming service only works on and iPhone/Pad/Pod with the latest Safari, a Mac on safari 6.05+ or a PC with Edge (windows 10) - So I'll use my ipad. Do you think that' them being a bit arsey, using a format that is pretty much ios only (except edge)
Jason 3 months ago
Why does it being on PCnot make it an Xbox Exclusive, few people with aconsole have a pc capable of running games well on a pc. Oh no people on pc can play my game too im selling up this sucks.....hahah crazy trolls
Turniplord 3 months ago
Don't worry Jason, if you can't read to understand why it was mentioned then maybe ask your mummy or daddy to sit with you and help you read it together?
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
My timeline was launch day 2013, 2015 and 2016, so driveclub and infamous were omitted because they were released in 2014, as I did not mention Forza Horizon 2, Titanfall, Halo Master Chief Collection or Sunset Overdrive. I suppose if I included Gears of war unlimited I should have included God of War 3, Uncharted and Last of us, I omitted them as they were remasters of PS3 games. Order 1866 was Ok but more a cinematic experience than a game and I completed it 100% in a couple of days and I am not fast getting through games these days, whereas Screamride is not as good looking but provides infinite fun. I forgot about Tales of Zestiria as I got that on Steam to get Tales of Symphonia but did buy that recently on PS4 too in a sale, but have not got around to playing it. The others I have not even noticed. Basically what I am getting at is Xbox ONE was more worth it before this year than now, and I now fully like the PS4, there is plenty of stuff I now like and both PS4 and Xbox ONE are awesome.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
I have yakuza 1 or 2 on PS2 but never got round to playing them, so I bought them may as well play them first. As there are no trophies I can just play through the game quickly, without doing things for the sake of getting a trophy, and if they do come to PS4 then can play game again acquiring trophies.
Turniplord 3 months ago
Yakuza 1 and 2 are on PS3 but only in Japanese as a hd remaster. Not bad if you know/want to learn Japanese
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
If you play Star Trek Online within the next 4 weeks you get some goodies! - "Players on the Xbox One console version of STO will receive a free Tier 1 Blockade Runner Escort Steamrunner-class Starship. On the PlayStation 4 console version, players will receive a free Tier 1 Andorian Light Escort. Note that these items will be available for free for four weeks after launch! PlayStation Plus users will also receive a free Wrath of Khan Starfleet Uniform."