Sony says that there be plenty of PS4 Pro stock at launch and beyond

Sony has told MCV, that it'll have plenty of stock for PS4 Pro at launch and for the Xmas period.

Global head of marketing and sales Jim Ryan told the site: "I've been told, just before we had this conversation, that pre-orders in the UK are looking pretty good. I can't give you the numbers yet, but I’m pleasantly surprised.

"We will have a significant amount of stock at launch and then through Christmas. I can't tell you whether that’s enough, but I remember we had a similar conversation about PlayStation VR, and I couldn’t answer that one either.

"There will be those early adopters who simply want the latest and best from PlayStation, and it’s an opportunity to enjoy an enhanced gaming experience. But equally, there are 50m people who’ll be acquiring 4K televisions in 2016. A significant amount of the PS4 Pro user-base will come from those people, and they may or may not be existing PS4 owners."

Are you planning to pick up a PS4 Pro?

Edited On 15 Sep, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Mines on order, I was getting it cheaper due to me technically being a 'student' (learning in spare time) but cancelled and ordered on my catalogue - same price with a year to pay it back. Pro + VR are my big purchases this year, then possibly a new telly next year some time. I could get one now, but I want one bigger than what I have with HDR and true 4k (not just UHD) so i'm looking about 1k :(
Bunglefluff's avatar
Bunglefluff 3 months ago
What amuses me here is the Pro cannot really do true 4k. I hear it can run some undemanding games at that resolution but at a low 30 FPS. All other games will be upscaled to 4k....It just makes me think of the start of this generation when resolution wars started and Sony owners were giving so much flac to Xbox One owners because some games had to be upscaled to 1080p resolutions and looked crap, when the PS4 could just about achieve 1080p. Now that the PS4 Pro is upscaling to 4k its a different story and not an issue. lol. This isn't a dig at anyone, just an observation :) As ive said all along the Pro is hear for the true PSVR experience.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@Bunglefluff - I wouldn't call the last of us 'undemanding' :/ Plus thats the thing - it will upscale 1440p for most games (supposedly) but we are also getting a boost on 1080p resolutions (which is what the majority of the gamers want) - 4k isn't as popular as the media make it out to be - not real 4K TV's anyway (A lot of people have the UHD TV's that aren't the full 4k)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Also, VR games wont be dramatically different on Pro - just higher res and maybe a slight boost to the fps - the VR has its own processing unit and all VR has been shown on standard hardware so far. I'll have both so will be able to see the difference, but I'm not expecting a night/day difference
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
turnip, your catalog bill must be sky high!
Massey's avatar
Massey 3 months ago
I have absolutely no interest in getting this still plays the same games graphics are the same with a cable Not for me
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
its quite high, but the good thing is, they sell for retail price or lower and 12 month interest free, so its like finance without applying for finance :D - Christopher, I don't understand what you mean by the graphics are the same with the cable? Majority of games form Oct onwards will have enhanced graphics on the Pro and some older games will be patched as well to increase the graphics/framerates. :)
robioto's avatar
robioto 3 months ago
I'll wait until FFXV is reasled then. Hopefully there will be a limited edition bundle like they've done with the slim.
Jason 3 months ago
Of course theres not a shortgae, nobody wants one thats why the whole worlds waiting for Scorpio - The worlds most powerful console ever !!!!
michael 3 months ago
Jason your a class A twat
Bunglefluff's avatar
Bunglefluff 3 months ago
Yeah, true Turnip. I've just read about Last of us. It is a demanding game but 30 FPS isn't great. And that seems to be the only 'demanding' game at true 4k. In regards to VR, thats kind of my point.....it won't look much different on the PS4 and Pro. The GPU boost on the Pro will enable it to have a significantly higher framerate making it much more playable and much smoother. How can PSVR have a higher res on the Pro if the headset resolution is 960x1080 per eye. And remember PSVR is 90Hz. In any case, it sounds like you'll be able to give a proper opinion soon when you have both PS4s.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
yeah, I'll be using it on both, see how it changes :) From what I gathered at the event they did is on Pro it will make things a bit clearer and the resolution is supposed to be better than normal. Maybe on standard PS4 it isn't running at the full res it was trying to go for? Ah well, we will see :)only other native 4k i've seen is skyrim and Elder scrolls online. I prob wont be running anything about 1080 until next year anyway :)