No Man's Sky was the top selling physical game in August

No Man's Sky was the best-selling physical game in the UK last month, according to GfK Chart-Track figures given to MCV.

The game outsold the likes of F1 2016, Deus Ex, Overwatch and GTA V, to take top spot, while the other four games mentioned made up the top five. Elsewhere, LEGO Star Wars, Uncharted 4, Rocket League, FIFA 16 and DOOM all made the top 10 best sellers.

New releases outside the top 10 include Madden NFL 17, which charts at No.13, Assetto Corsa at No.22 and AOT: Wings of Freedom at No.36.

Check out the full top 40 retail charts for the month of August below.

August Top 40:

39. MIRROR'S EDGE CATALYST
40. MONSTER HUNTER GENERATIONS

Edited On 15 Sep, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
shame it doesn't track how many were returned/sold to CEX/Amazon. CEX only give 9 quid for it now because they have thousands already
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 months ago
Was about to say that lol may have been no 1 selling but also no 1 retured/ refunded game , i sold mine within a 1hour of playing so boring
Massey's avatar
Massey 3 months ago
no point getting rid of no man's sky then May aswell keep it collecting dust on the shelf
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@Christopher - I have the same issue. I was gonna get 38 quid form CEX at one point but I was in work, by the weekend it was 15 and now its 9. Deus Ex was 38 yesterday as well - was going to sell and re-buy when I get the pro as t will be about 30 but then - but now they only give you 18 for it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
http://www.shopto.net/Tradein - getting 27 quid shopto credit for no mans sky - that will do me :) (no mans sky crashed and corrupted my last 4tb HD so I'm not playing this game again, just in case!)
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 3 months ago
@turniplord, try game for deus ex they are offering 21 for trade in 19 for cash
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
shop to will give me 28 credit for deus ex - dunno though, was going to trade to get a bit of cash then re-buy after I get the pro (want to do my second playthrough on the pro) but I might just keep it instead of faffing about haha!
PHILIP 3 months ago
Is no man's sky really that shit ?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@philip - its all dsown to presonal preference, its basically a 'go here, mine, build a part of your ship, fly, land, mine, build, fly, mine etc....' and you have seen almost everything after a few hours of gameplay. Some people like it though as it can be a time waster - it reminded me of playing Destiny, when you were just running round doing the same things over and over to collect the orbs and stuff. I found it repetitive and I LOVE the Dynasty warrior style games (to most people they get repetitive after a few matches, I spend over 100 hours on each game, sometimes over 300)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Then, the sheer amount of people taking the game in to sell it (if you don't apply the patch then you can get all the trophies within about 8 hours - the patch makes them harder) brought the price they will pay right down - they still charge like 40 quid for it, but they wont give you a decent price, I'm sending mine to shopto tomorrow :)
PHILIP 3 months ago
Blimey.... I'll let this one go I think...
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
It depends on what you make of it, it is no full on action game. Each planet is different, but it is comprised of randomly generated creatures, plants etc which you can name. It is like Star Trek - seeking out new life and civilisations. Actually watching the latest Star Trek film, when they are on a planet it reminded me of No Mans Sky. It is good if you like exploring, and seeing what different creatures, plants, planet layouts the game spew out, and then you can name them whatever you like, eg if a creature looks like a cross between an elephant and a tiger you can call it a elephantiger or something, and then there is a chance of others visiting your planet and seeing this elephantiger. If they visited it first then they may have named it stupidlookingelephant or whatever. This game is good if you can appreciate what it is and you can play this forever and ever, but if you just want to blast through it getting all achievements and saying done, then it probably would be boring. I bought it digitally both on PS4 and PC and haven't regretted the purchase and never considered getting it refunded. I am playing it slowly, and will probably still be playing it when they close the servers, hopefully at least 10 years from now. I was worried that after a time there may not be many new planets to discover and name, but many people have returned, it could be a long long long time before there are little new discoveries left!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
I like it as I like games where you can leave your mark in the world. Star Wars Galaxies had this in spades, putting down mining equipment, houses, cities etc for all to see and explore even where you are logged out. Forza Horizon 2 also has this where you can see other players and your friends cars driving about, the game seems to use their own cars that are in their garage, and not just any car.
PHILIP 3 months ago
I'm gonna give it a go still... especially as it's price is dropping so fast.