Friday Chat: September 16

What are you plans for the weekend? It's not been the best of starts to the day as first our internet when down then the second screen stopped working, but what can you do? At least we got to play Bioshock: The Collection and some more PES 2017.

So what have you been playing?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 16 Sep, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@Joe - has steaming been enabled for Bioshock? (it was disabled before today, like Deus ex was, for early obtainers). On PS4 if you try and stream either the menu will appear asking which streaming service (works) or a message saying you are unable to stream at this time (game perm blocked from streaming) - was blocked on both formats
Massey's avatar
Massey 3 months ago
Got BioShock collection play on it later
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
This weekend is good weekend to give Star Trek Online a bash on console, as it is dilithium weekend (not for PC players), where you get more dilithium. Dilithium is an in game currency that allows you to buy certain stuff, or exchange for zen, saving you real money. This game can be played without paying a single penny. Dilithium is given out for various events and completing main missions, which was not in the game when played originally on PC, the only way to get dilithium originally you have / had to do daily missions which was a grind. You can also replay missions for more dilithium but do not get so much.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Just ordered Mirrors edge for cheap, should be here tomorrow, so that and Bioshock for me. Watched 'friend request' last night - had quite a few jumps in it, was okay, bit more supernatural than I thought it was gonna be tho
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Ordered the double pack of Move controllers (out in some places now) with mini usb chargers and Dragon Quest builder
Christopher 3 months ago
@Turniplord - You said you ordered the Move bundle aswell as mini usb? Looking at the product discription it comes supplied with two cables I was assuming?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@christopher - I think you only get 1 - I irdered the double pack (packaged for vr) from my catalogue. Just realised is says you get 'a mini sub cable and 2 straps' - mini sub is PS3 and old move style, micro is ps4 style. So I have no idea if it's accurate or not now :/ I think they may just be the same. Ah well I ordered a stand you sit them in :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Didn't realise Shopto had them! i'm on buy now pay 9 months though so that's fine, but shopto have more info! "Each controller comes with a wrist strap for safety and comfort, plus a mini USB cable for connecting and charging" - that sounds like you get 2, so that's cool, but also the image - it has both mini and micro ports on the bottom! - look at the 'slanted' controller: http://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4AC75-playstation-move-motion-controller-bundle
Christopher 3 months ago
You know I didnt notice that and I put them on order a few days back. But that doesnt add up. Why supply Mini Usb cables when it has a Micro Port. Also if it is a new model, why would it still have Start and Select buttons rather than Options and Share which is the PS4 standard.
Massey's avatar
Massey 3 months ago
turniplord - I would hate to see your bank statement every month
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
that makes 2 of us Christopher! haha. I'm selling about 500 quid worth of things tomorrow though in town so that will help pay some things off. I think it will have Micro usb cables, they just say mini in every description. Good point about the start and select, maybe you can't 'share' and take screenshots of the VR games? like how you can't stream at 60fps and record at the same time.
Christopher 3 months ago
Possibly. They can only map those buttons to Options and Share though so I would assume they would have the same function? Bit of a mystery there but what I would say is you should probably look into it a bit more with that Move Charging Stand you have ordered. If it is a re-design controller with dual ports on the bottom it may not line up with the connector on the PS3 Move Charging Stand. I havent used or seen one though so cant say much on the matter.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
There is a competition on the playstation site for ps plus members to win a complete VR setup, what you can win "A PlayStation®4 system, a Sony 4K TV, one PS VR headset, two PlayStation®Move motion controllers, a PlayStation®Camera and a stack of (14) games up for grabs." Shame it is not a Pro though, to go with the 4k TV. I am having difficulty entering atm, probably busy with loads of people going for it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@supernice - is that the 'guess how many PS4's were sold up until march this year' competition? If not then I'll have to enter this one as well :) - does seem strange no pro if they giving a 4k tv :/
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
@christopher, it was a couple of quid on amazon - if it doesn't fit with them then i'll chuck it haha! I'm sure there will be ones for these soon if they have moved the location - or maybe thats why it has both? so old charging docks still work? (hopefully)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
You have to answer 2 multiple choice questions followed by a tie breaker. It seems to be new today, and just been put up.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
this one? - https://competition.eu.playstation.com/psplusvr/en_GB/ - I entered this one a few weeks ago, guessing it is a standard because its been live since 1st sept (before pro announcement) - they dind't really advertise it much though. Sounds like the same one :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 3 months ago
Ah right, just received email on it and I was having difficulty accessing it, could not see all details but can see now it has been open since Aug 22nd, closing Sep 30th
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
good luck if you enter it though - I can't remember how many I guessed! I doubt they will have any tie-breakers for the number (funny how the tie-breaker question of the 2 easiest multiple choice questions is 'guess the exact amount of PS4's we sold by jan this year!'
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 3 months ago
I didn't try streaming @turniplord tbh.