Gears of War 4 has gone gold

Update: In addition to the new trailer released yesterday, we have now learned that Gears of War 4 has gone Gold, meaning that it's on its way to the pressing machines and that it'll actually release as expect on October 11.

It's always nice when an anticipated game isn't delayed. Don't you think?

Original:  The launch trailer for Gears of War 4 has been released, accompanied by a cover of Metallica's Nothing Else Matters.

In the latest Gears of Wars, after narrowly escaping an attack on their village, JD Fenix and his friends, Kait and Del, must rescue the ones they love and discover the source of a monstrous new enemy - which is probably more exciting than your average day.

Gears of War 4 is available worldwide October 11 on Xbox One and Windows 10 PC as an Xbox Play Anywhere title. Buy Gears of War 4: Ultimate Edition and play four days early, starting October 7.

Edited On 20 Sep, 2016

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 months ago
Oh yeah not long to go now cannot wait for my shiny new gears x1 s console to use on my hdr 4k tv :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 3 months ago
Don't like how trailers these days don't show any gameplay, just pre-rendered scenes. I suppose its better than the live action ones Destiny did which showed you nothing at all
SilverShane's avatar
SilverShane 3 months ago
Can't wait for the campaign and horde mode !!!
Jason 3 months ago
Another amazing Xbox exclusive game with the superb play anywhere facility for your PC. Microsoft just keep delivering more and more for their fans as achievments and progress carry between both on the cloud.
michael 3 months ago
Its a load of ole hat these days its about time microsoft bought a new i.P out
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 3 months ago
could say the same about ps tbh , alot of good Microsoft games out this year:)
Jason 3 months ago
You can sense the bitterness from PS fans they just hate to see how MS is about to sail right past them and into the future whilst there pro gonna stuck with a PS Pro for the next 4-5 years LMFAO. Ponys backed the wrong horse in this race baby hahaha
PHILIP 3 months ago
I am looking forward to this especially the campaign and thinking of picking up the Crimson controller it looks great. Have to ask again Jason why is it you feel the need to constantly slate Sony every single day ? You mentioned that you own a Ps4... Why if they are so shit ? I enjoy my games be it on my Ps4 or Xb1 - isn't that what gaming is all about ? Enjoyment ? Surely ? ... Not trying to start a fight but your constant "my console can do this" and insults against people enjoying a title that isn't shipped in a green slip case makes me wonder why the hate ?
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
it will never top the first 3. It can't.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 3 months ago
being a massive gear head. I really did enjoy the beta though. I miss my days of playing competitive Gears at LAN level.