Wednesday Chat: September 21

It's Wednesday, so how are you all today?

We've been busy playing Batman: The Telltale Series Episode 2 and will have something to say about that later. Otherwise we've been downloading Forza Horizon 3, although I messed up the unlock key, so can't play it yet. We'll try and get that sorted so that we can bring you some proper coverage.

So how are you?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 21 Sep, 2016

Comments
Chris 2 months ago
fifa 17 web app went live last night
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
still on BioShock 2 I can't stop playing it I've never completed a game that quick and I already want to play a second playthough
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Thought I was near the end of EDF, then realised there are 85 levels and i'm up to 50. Then considering there are 4 classes and you need to complete every mission with each class at all 4 difficulties - so 85 missions 16 times :/ Thats a lot of content for 12 quid! haha
PHILIP 2 months ago
Well I Sold my Xbox one to someone at work last night for £110 cause I want the Gears of war 2tb red console with the red crimson controller looks so good. My Xbox 1 was only a 500gb so 2tb made sense to upgrade. I can't seem to find it on here to pre order but it's on Amazon - will you be stocking this Joe ? or do I have to order elsewhere ?
PHILIP 2 months ago
@turnip lol I seen you've been on that EDF every time I've logged on the Ps4 you must of sunk some hours into it.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
I got the gears console before it went up in price so glad i ordered early got my new 4k tv ready . its a tough 2weeks wait lol
PHILIP 2 months ago
@assassin... Can I ask what TV do you own please ?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
yeah it's LG 65 uh770v not cheap thou about £1500 been saving all year ready for the new consoles hdr tvs are not cheap yet for a good experience
PHILIP 2 months ago
@assassin... HOLY Fucking shitting hell ? ? ? £1500 !!!! I've spent a fortune on gaming at the moment with the the VR, Last guardian collectors set and now the new Xb1.... I won't be upgrading my TV for about 3 months :-(
PHILIP 2 months ago
@assassin... Just looked at your TV... Very nice indeed.... How much did you preorder your gears console for ? Amazon charging £399
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 months ago
Don't bother with an Xbox One S. Get a Steam machine with either GTX 900 series graphics card or GTX 1000 series. The Witcher 3 should look stunning running on either one of those. So should DOA 5 LR and the GTX 1000 series and GTX 970 and upwards are VR compatible!
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
Gears console initially went for preorder at £349, I was going to go for it, but then itvwent up in price within a few days to £399. I am now getting a white Xbox ONE S with Battlefield 1 for £249. It is more value for money getting an external drive, you can get 2TB for £60 or 5TB for £100 when on sale. 500GB white S with Battlefield 1 + 2TB HDD (giving you 2.5TB) + Gears of War 4 standard disc = £350
Fear Sinséir1612's avatar
Fear Sinséir1612 2 months ago
Here's the rub, Phil: Dark says he purchased his before the price 'went up', so I am guessing he's prepared to pay £349.99 as that was the price on Game.co.uk and ShopTo before they raised the price by a bullseye.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
£350 with game I think they and amazon are the only sticking it , yeah they aren't cheap you have to be careful as some tvs say h Dr but it's not true h d r or a 10bit panel
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
worth it to me if you take off the price of gears ultimate game it's about £280 for the console and the gears pads are selling for £50 atm
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
It was worth it at £350, it is like you are now getting the gears pad for free.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 months ago
Not sure if we are selling the gears console. If it's not listed already im'm guessing not.
PHILIP 2 months ago
I don't know what to do for the best now :-/
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@philip - because it's a download, it's my 'waiting for a download' or 'got an hour to kill' go to game :) easy to pick up, play a few missions then go onto something else. I'm on about 30+ hours now. Easily getting my 12 quid worth :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
The problem with the bigger HDD Xbox ONE consoles is that MS seems to charge too much for the added space, if they were fast SSHDs like in the Elite consle they would probably be worth it, but they aren't and external HDDs are actually more efficient than running off the internal drives, and cheaper too, only downside is that you have and extra box dangling from your console, whereas a 2TB console would have nothing. I have a 2TB on my Xbox 360 and they plug in and power from console, and are slower than its internal storage, probably because Xbox 360 has Usb 2.0. On my Xbox ONE I have 5TB and that requires its own power source, that is the additional downside of bigger external HDDs
PHILIP 2 months ago
I may do the same as you and get the white one then.... I am just drawn to that red controller and obviously the ultimate edition of the game... £349 would of been a more attractive price. I wonder if the game is bundled physical copy with a download code for a season pass or just a Download code for the whole game Inc DLC ?
PHILIP 2 months ago
@turnip it looks a great quick blast game :-)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
it's all digital codes that come with the console. just ordered the recore collector's edition that statue is huge lol
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I was not too worried about the ultimate edition. If the Battlefield 1 console bundle or a decent bundle did not come out I was going to see if the Gears console would be on sale in the Black Friday sales. When I bought the 1TB Advance Warfare console a couple of years ago it was on sale for about £100 less in the black friday sales within the month of its release.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Destiny are now offering 25 quid microtransactions to level up your character - they mentioned recently that they were going to add microtransactions - wonder if the few remaining players will leave because of it?
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
getting very bored of density they will keep milking it people will get very bored