Thursday Chat: September 22

I've been having a short go on FIFA 17 thanks to EA Access, although I've still not really got around to playing much 'Death Star' Battlefront, which is a shame. I'm off Friday and Monday, so there may be a lack of updates on the site those days, although at least I can catch up on some gaming with more FIFA and Forza Horizon 3 on the agenda. So look out for reviews as soon as I get time to post them up.

So how are you all?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 22 Sep, 2016

Comments
cj67890's avatar
cj67890 2 months ago
I'm eagerly awaiting the releases of Forza Horizon 3, Mafia 3, and FIFA 17.
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
mafia 3 and rise of the tomb raider
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Xcom in a week :) thats going to kill some time until Dragon quest builders :D - Think the latest OS has improved remote play on Vita/PC - seem to get a much better connection with no artifacts now :D
PHILIP 2 months ago
Have a good break Joe :-)
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
just unboxed my recore collector's edition man that statue and box are huge lol comes with a nice steelbook to worth every penny
Jason 2 months ago
Have a good break and enjoy Rangers giving @Aberdeen a pumping at the weekend unlike your game against them... I hope that isnt a bad omen haha
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
If you have elder scrolls online and want the gold edition - they are doing all 4 dlc packs for 5500 crowns. On psn at the moment this is 12 quid in the sale. Just grabbed it myself, means I don't have to buy the gold edition for a lot more.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I notice that they are selling Recore collectors edition without the game, so that you can buy the stuff if you bought digitally for Xbox ONE/PC.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
Hopefully will get Forza Horizon 3 tomorrow with a model car, but a slight concerned that won't get model car, and if I do not will have to return for refund and then buy digitally. I only bought disc version to get model car.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
Just received email about the ESO DLC packs, I got game on Xbox ONE. Xbox are charging £31.99 for 5500 crowns, and even PSN normal price is £23.99. What is MS doing charging £8 more? I wonder if MS will do a flash weekend sale or if the ESO offer will last past Tuesday when Xbox gets new deals?
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
@super that's what I got I already had the game but wanted the statue it's the best game statue I own it's huge and well made
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Just played Virginia - pretty decent game - nobody talks so you basically figure out whats going on through what you see, but you do jump all over the place (as in cuts) which gets very confusing - by the end I was pretty lost!! The trophies don't have straight forward descriptions either - I completed the game though - took about 3/4 hours.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
been on elder scrolls and bought the DLC - thinking about getting another 5500 points while its cheap. Had to start over though as my character was on NA servers (due to Europe not being live when it launched) and the starting area seems different - they must have changed it around. Also had a few DLC's I didn't think I had and 500 crowns already - must be the bonuses' they gave on its anniversary or something? Thinking about maybe trying to get into it as its the 1st true 4k game on the pro so will give me a comparison of what it looks like now and when upgraded.
PHILIP 2 months ago
@turnip Virginia looks good would you recommend it still despite it coming across confusing ?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@philip - its a strange one - and cheap. only about 3 hours to play through it though but I guess you can re-play and try things differently. It basically tells a story with no talking, just sounds and visuals. you have some choices, like the mayor puts a badge on your table at dinner and you can pick up or not (not sure how its affects it, I didn't pick it up) and some other options where you can pick to do an action or ignore it. it was enjoyable, played all the way through without getting bored - its not like the tell tale games though, its more like that cancer game on Steam - I would recommend getting the free demo and seeing if its something you would like first - don't watch any playthroughs as it will ruin it for you.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Platinumed Virginia last night - had to use a guide as the trophies were a bit 'specific' like, pick up something within 5 mins fo playing fro a trophy right at the end - if you don't pick it up then you have to do it again etc... its about 1.5 hours long so probably not worth full price tbh. Got Jazzpunk the other day - going to plat that tonight as well. There a good 'cartoon style' games sale on in canada at PSN - grabbed over $80 worth - saved over $200 supposedly.