Resident Evil 7 VR is exclusive to PS4 for a year

The VR mode for Resident Evil 7: Biohazard is exclusive to PlayStation VR for a year, according to a new ad on Facebook.

As seen in the image above, the ad states that "Resident Evil 7 Biohazard is coming in 2017 and is exclusive to PlayStation VR for 12 months."

It's unclear what other systems the VR function could come too, perhaps Rift and HTC Vive or another, as yet announced technology, but we'll see when it is announced.

Edited On 03 Oct, 2016

Comments
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
with v r probably being saved for scorpio next year on xbox it will be exclusive on consoles for now
Jason 2 months ago
VR will be dead within 5 years in fact it will be lucky to get 5 years. I have a rift and its cool and that but I find it hard to make time for it by pulling myself away from mainstaream games. Its like 3D for me although its much better than 3d its still very gimmicky
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
it doesn't mean its exclusive to ONLY VR for a year does it? so no non-VR game on any platform (including PS4) for a year? - the wording isn't very specific but that's what it sounds like
PHILIP 2 months ago
Has Anybody who has experienced VR had any headaches or nausea ? That is my main concern which I am hoping doesn't affect me.
Jason 2 months ago
I get none on any game mode all not even a tingle until I play a game where I am walking about. As soon as I start to walk about I get almost instantly queezy and start sweating its horrible. Flying and driving doing loop da loops etc is all cool but start walking about like exploring corriders in a game and its instant boke. Same sports etc are all good everythings been great except as I say walking about when your not actually doing it somehow just kills me. Never had any headaches on anything though.
Triforce Protector's avatar
Triforce Protector 2 months ago
@Turniplord, the full proper game is what's out in January, if you have a vr headset it can be played on that as well, you dont need to pay £350 to play resi 7 a year early
PHILIP 2 months ago
If the VR makes me feel at all sick I'll get rid of it before Xmas on ebay. I've read that some people were ill playing Resident evil 7 when walking about and I want the VR mainly for horror type games to be fully immersed. I do hope it don't make me feel sick :-( been so looking forward to it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
I wont be getting it anyway - don't like games like this - its just the wording on the image that was a bit confusing, like its PSVR for a year, I would have thought it would have said PS4 for a year - unless its coming to other platforms within the year. They need to release an official statement I think :) - my VR and Pro are on order for other games. Pre-ordered driveclub VR for 15.99 the other day as well :)
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@philip, that's because of the way you move. you can turn using the control stick as well as moving your head. so when perople were looking around they were - by instinct - moving the stick and looking around so they saw themselves looking around really fast - that's what knocked them sick. They need to either disable stick looking or at least give you the option to slow it/stop it - that will stop people getting dizzy off it.
Jason 2 months ago
Every single friend ofmine who usedit got theexact same problemson the exact same type games. Dreadhalls was a superb horror gameand was proper chilling but I had to give up as it makde me sick walking about. If you want that sort of game i wouldnt bother. But there isso much its good at i wouldnt put anyone off just dont be expecting to not be sick walking about
PHILIP 2 months ago
I'll see how I get on. Horror games are my favourite and I am hoping I can get on with the VR for that reason. Will be difficult not using the "look" thumbstick as its force of habit I guess.