Wednesday Chat: October 5

It's Wednesday, so how are you all today?

We've been watching on with envy as everyone website on the internet unboxes a PlayStation VR but us. There will also be the first batch of reviews today for PlayStation VR launch games too, although not from us, we'll be doing that soon hopefully.

So are you planning to buy PlayStation VR and what games are on your radar?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 05 Oct, 2016

Comments
mantagtj001's avatar
mantagtj001 2 months ago
Ordered from youuuuuu, paid up and ready.... plus there is a ps4pro with my name on it tooooo. cant wait, dont let me down sony...
Jonny B's avatar
Jonny B 2 months ago
I cancelled my PSVR order because I don't have 60 square feet so I'm gutted but getting PS4 Pro though.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@ jonny - you don't need 60 sqft. I have about a 1.5m square, if that, where i'm playing it. That image just meant that the area the camera can see, so you need to be in it - so you can't put the camera in front of the TV with the VR user off to the side as you may be out of view of the camera - It isn't the Vive, you don't walk about - the media who got hold of the documentation reporting incorrectly on it at the time
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
I have mine on order with the catalogue - until dawn, golf, tomb raider, driver VR and VR worlds are also on order with it. Supposedly everyone that tried Drive Club VR said its brilliant - so that will be cool to try out - I don't have a wheel though so gonna seem strange. they should have an option where when you're playing the wheel is replaced with your guy holding the controller to steer the car - like you are irl.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Gave in and bought the Deluxe Xcom 2 on PSN last night as well - really good game but its bloody brutal. had to do the 3rd mission about 6 times as it kept outnumbering me with aliens by about 1:3! then I realised you had to sneakily take out the communicator first so they couldn't call in reinforcements.
Jonny B's avatar
Jonny B 2 months ago
@ Turniplord thanks for that cause I'm 6 feet away from tv but only 4 feet in width, otherwise I might reorder it then as long as that's enough space.
PHILIP 2 months ago
I am glad the Kitchen demo is available to play on day one with the VR as I am very concerned about this motion sickness some people get and it seems to be with when you walk around. Main reason I have preordered a VR was for horror/jump scare games which some like Resident Evil 7 obviously involve walking around. There is a game coming late October called Weeping Doll which is set in a creepy house and they have apparently cracked any sickness issues with their adaption to the controls somehow utilising a "warp" feature wtf ? I am so looking forward to getting the VR but am also now becoming nervous it will make me feel sick and that will really piss me off. As I said I've bought it mainly for the unusual/creepy atmosphere games.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@philip - if they are using warp then that's crap - its the way you move around on the Vive and Oculus - look at any videos on youtube, you basically chose where to move to and you instantly 'warp' there - so you aren't walking around as such, just changing where you stand - that to me would mess with my head more than walking with the controller. Can't you attend any of the places where you can try it before release? They will probably have the Res evil demo on so you can try it out for yourself.
cj67890's avatar
cj67890 2 months ago
Patiently waiting for Mafia 3, very excited.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@jonny - yeah, i was concerned when the document came out but if you read it and ignore what the news articles said, its basically just a 'this is the play area, you must be within this area' guide. I probably have the smallest room available possible so I'll let you know how it works when mine turns up on Thursday next week.
piglet0's avatar
piglet0 2 months ago
Waiting for mafia 3,and a ps5 not the ps4 pro allready got a ps4,i only buy another ps4 if my only breaks
Jonny B's avatar
Jonny B 2 months ago
@ Turniplord cheers for that yeah let us know how you get on and how it's working within a small room.
CHRISTOPHER 2 months ago
hope I got enough for psvr my room is not big at all
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
using my mates oculus i ended up walking into a wall. Avoiding VR now.
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
My copy of mafia 3 has been dispatched my console is coming back tomorrow it's a win win
PHILIP 2 months ago
@turnip I'll still get it I have had it pre ordered for months you see.. Wait and see I guess..
PHILIP 2 months ago
@Joetoots LOL your comment did make me laugh :-)
PHILIP 2 months ago
Never tried any Mafia titles before they look really good
Jason 2 months ago
Hope Mafia 3 is good and look forward to playing tomorrow. Also just discovered Bomberman went backwards compatible 2 months ago not sure how I missed this so ill be on that tonight.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@philip Mafia 2 was good - don't remember Mafia 1. its a bit like saints row where you do various events and beat up shopkeepers to get 'protection money' and the areas become yours, meaning more income. Dunno if 3 is the same, I hope it is, I like games like that. Dunno when my copy will arrive, at a meeting in crewe all day tomorrow anyway :/
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I'm not getting VR, I will be getting a PS4 pro. I regularly update console each year so it keeps it under warranty, and have another as backup. What if console breaks next week or month, then you will have to buy a new one for £350 or pay for it to be repaired, but while it works you can sell it or trade it in for a new console saving money. I do not think there will be a PS5, they are just going to keep updating the current consoles every few years, keeping them all cmpatible. If they do make a PS5, if they consider it a generational upgrade, but it will be backwards compatible with all PS4s, and a PS6 will be backwards compatible with PS4 and PS5 etc
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
I remember mafia 1 played it a lot on the original Xbox
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
Also I think games going forward when played on existing PS4s will become The Crew Xbox 360 like experiences being 720p / 30fps or worse.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
Just had my dispatch email for my gears xbox one s console oh yeah :)
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I have bought Recore and should have Mafia 3 tomorrow. Also bought FH3 after midnight last night, and download speed was 5MB and sometimes even 0, instead of 50-70, even though tests stated that my download speed was over 70, must have been due to Xbox servers being busy for people preloading Gears of War, download speed is back to normal now. I have cancelled my gears 4 preorder for now, got too many other games to play, not enough money, may need to abort order for Xbox ONE S with battlefield 1. I seem to be struggling with buying new games this year, I think it is because I have been buying more of my games digitally the last few years and now have not many games to resell or trade in this year.
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 2 months ago
still waiting for mafia 3 to be dispatched
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
My mafia 3 has not been dispatched either, not even moved from preorders to processing, so may not get it tomorrow then on this occasion, but still 2.5 hours left of hope.
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
yeah shopto getting like that now they leave games to Fri delivery now
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
just watched the D F ps vr review most games give u motion sickness better have a iron stomach they said only batman and another game didn't lol
Lawler_1093's avatar
Lawler_1093 2 months ago
my mafia 3 has been stuck on processing all day which is annoying as I have tomorrow off. Really wanted it to be here tomorrow
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Thing is, the 3ds gave people headaches at first and 3D in the cinema got to some people, it's just another one of those 'it won't agree with everyone' items. I'm surprised nobody who had the headset has tried that bound on it yet as that's supposedly VR ready already
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
I'm sure joe will mention it tomorrow but native 4K confirmed for skyrim again and fallout 4 getting the pro update. Plus mods for fallout and skyrim coming to ps4 - the catch is only using assets from in-game, so no external. So people can pallet swap, change stats, cheats and create new stories, but no custom assets
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I will probably get Skyrim on PS4 then. My number 1 game for having a pro update would be the witcher 3 but they have clearly stated it would not get an update as they are focussing on cyberpunk, although maybe they will when Scorpio releases as they always seem to want to be fair and do not want to favour one console over another, plus can do the updates in one go than take time out to do ps4pro and then take time out again next year for scorpio.