The Playroom VR for PlayStation VR is now available to download for free from the PlayStation Store in Europe.
You can grab the 2.1GB download now, although it requires PlayStation VR and the PlayStation Camera. What's great about this game is that up to four players can join in using a DualShock 4, although you can also play solo.
The Playroom VR comes with the following VR games:
- Monster Escape is a competitive party game for up to five players (1 VR player vs 4 players on TV). The player in the PS VR headset becomes a huge monster destroying a miniature city. One to four additional players use their DualShock 4 controllers to fight the Monster in a fun and epic battle.
- Cat and Mouse is a competitive party game for up to five players (1 VR player vs 4 players on TV). The player in the PS VR headset becomes a cat ready to pounce to protect his kitchen from the mice players controlled with the DualShock 4 on the screen.
- Ghost House is a co-operative communication game where players must work together to clear a haunted house from the ghosts within a time limit. The player in the PS VR headset uses the DualShock 4 to shine a flashlight and shoot ghosts, which aren’t visible to him. He must rely on the players watching the TV for instructions as to where to aim and shoot.
- WANTED! is a co-operative communication game set in the wild west, where players enter a saloon and can see several characters sitting around drinking. One of them is the bad guy, but which one?
- Robots Rescue is a co-operative communication game, where two players (1 VR player and 1 player on TV) work together to fight their way through enemies to rescue stranded VR bots. The player in the PS VR headset takes control of a VR bot jumping, punching and using a grappling hook to rescue his lost VR Bots comrades. The TV player gets a different viewpoint on the action, flying a UFO and giving air support to the VR player.
“At the end of every mini-game, you get to take a celebration photo. It will then appear as a slideshow in that mini-game’s title screen.” Both Ghost House and Wanted! include four stages. There even a Platinum Trophy in The Playroom VR and playing games also earns you coins to unlock new items.
Sounds pretty decent for a free game.