Tuesday Chat: October 11

It's Tuesday, so how are you all today?

It's a busy week, what with the release of Rise of the Tomb Raider on PS4, as well as Gears of War 4 for Xbox One and of course, the release of PlayStation VR and all the games that'll go along with it. Who knows we may even have some PlayStation VR content for you at some point, we'll see.

So what are you playing or looking forward to playing?

Edited On 11 Oct, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Mafia finally arrived last night and so far I'm not impressed. It's crashed to OS twice without warning and rotating the camera to the left is like the deadzone isn't right. Goes so slow, yet to the right its perfect. Reset pad - same, new pad - same, restarted ps4 - same, other games - works fine. Gonna log bug with them tonight with a video. Plus, does it go open world after a while? So far it's just been linear story missions
Neny1's avatar
Neny1 2 months ago
Good morning. I have a question. I ordered my Psvr with camera and paid all on the 1st of October. Will I still get it day one? Thanks
 TruDarkAssassin's avatar
TruDarkAssassin 2 months ago
been selling and trading the games in my collection I won't play , made about £280 so far going to order some more pro supported games
DANIEL 2 months ago
all payments for vr is done. just waiting for it arrive day 1. £500 + well spent. vr + all launch titles (mostly)
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
been on rise of the tomb raider which come yesterday finally a challenging game gone on hard mode straight away I love it but back on mafia later
Jason 2 months ago
Loving Mafia 3 FIFA 17 and Gears 4 and Forza Horizon 3 Xbox really is smashing it out the park these days.
PHILIP 2 months ago
Well still no Gears console from Amazon they are investigating the yodel delivery. If not sorted by Wednesday I am gonna cancel and just pick another standard 500 gb when gears 4 comes down in price.
PHILIP 2 months ago
Had email from shopto VR packed and ready to dispatch via DPD :-) Hopefully next week will have Tomb Raider (collectors edition delayed a week)
rosconet's avatar
rosconet 2 months ago
What PSVR games have people played (for example through the PSVR tour), and which ones worked best on the standard PS4, I would be interested in finding out what titles players would recommend
Jason 2 months ago
When will we receive our psvr pre order's so that I can make sure someone's home to take delivery
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
@philip Amazon are usually good at sorting stuff out, eventually and if kick up enough fuss give loads of compensation. Although I have read some people say that they amazon do not care about faults after the initial month. I have had no faults with consoles bought from Shopto but others say they send replacement console round same day they collect broken console, but would probably take a few days to deal, if comsole breaks friday evening it would not get sorted until tuesday at the earliest. I generally get my consoles and hardware from GAME mostly in store if same price as online, no need to mess around with deliveries and can get whenever you're ready, although with big stuff they do use dpd too, plus if consoles generate fault can return to store same day console breaks even sat or sun and get replacement, when I problems with a second hand xbox 360 they replaced it immediately with another after a bit of testing, then later the HDD failed and they just swapped the HDD. If Shopto had retail stores I would buy from shopto all the time then.This is about the only thing GAME is good for. It is not good buying accessories or games in big packaging as can get damaged, last year bought a game exclusive camouflage dual shock controller and was crushed on arrival, had to return to store for replacement, same with doom uac game exclusive last month, and recently the exclusive car with Forza Horizon 3 all crushed on arrival needing replacement/refund. So not buying any new games from game any more, even if they have awesome exclusives as they just turn up broke.
PHILIP 2 months ago
@superniceguy To be honest Amazon are usually good think I've had maybe 4 lost deiveries over last 5 years it's just a £400 console and they seem half arsed about it. I am hoping the VR don't have the same hiccup. I spoke to Amazon today and they have assured me it will be dispatched today with upgraded special delivery. See what happens.
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
I'm surprised they are still using Yodel or are again, this now puts me off using amazon now. Amazon have not been too bad the last 2 years when using their own delivery service. First time they delivered to wrong address and then when I said I had item they refunded in full anyway. But Yodel are the worst delivery company ever, as the drivers are not official company drivers but self employed people. Nintendo delivered an amiibo to me last year and used yodel and a woman and a kid delivered it. Yodel seem to dish out parcels like Avon service. I bought a 5TB HDD from ebuyer the other month, and they now use yodel, never had problem with them for over 10 years, as they used royal mail before, but this time they stated they delivered but no knock or ring of doorbell and no card left, I contacted them on webchat and complaned and stated I would be in for sure and made it clear I would be in, but when time came, they failed to deliver and stated they could not get access, which is nonsense unles they were driving a tank or plane! but on webchat they could not find the address, which is unacceptable for a delivery company. Then I could not rearrange or arrange a collection. The parcels with yodel do not go back to the depot, they stay in persons vehicle until it gets delivered, if they have too much then they do not bother. They use GPS so companies like ebuyer believe them and can get away with it, while people take time off from work and waste time for a parcel never turning up for days. I aborted the ebuyer purchase after the 2nd failed attempt, and bought it from amazon, as they have been trusted lately, and if stuff then it gets dealt with. Ebuyer stopped the delivery with yodel to return it to them, but ebuyer still would not do refund, but amazon do, as soon as the returned parcel is scanned at a collect+ shop amazon immediately begin the refund, before they receive the return. The parcel disappeared from yodel tracking on its way back to ebuyer, which I thought meant ebuyer had it, caused a major arguments, and ebuyer accusing me of not being in when it was attempted, which was untrue, but then parcel showed up on tracking again. I will try not to use yodel again, but if a company does, then I will arrange a collection asap and pick it up from a yodel depot, before it gets to a driver. If a driver has it then it can take days for it to get back to depot. Still handing over 400 to a shop and instantly getting a console and driving it home beats waiting for console to tour bristol before coming to your door, and saves loads of hair pulling!
PHILIP 2 months ago
They've told me they are using another courier for the next console. However I have just checked my order status and the replacement still hasn't been dispatched ?