Wednesday Chat: October 12

It's Wednesday, so how are you all today?

We will finally get hold of PlayStation VR today, so we can bring you our impressions of the unit itself and will also be reviewing a bunch of launch games too. So that's exciting. As for those who pre-order, you should get it tomorrow, so that's exciting too.

Let's Chat!

Edited On 12 Oct, 2016

Comments
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
my PSVR has just been sent out via my catalogue with delivery date of tomorrow, its going to my corner shop though - didn't think i'd done that! ah well, means I can grab a sandwich or something while i'm there :) Trading in Mafia 3 for Tomb raider today as well if CEX get it in the one round the corner. The camera issue is really annoying me - is anyone else having issues on PS4 version of Mafia 3 where if you rotate the camera to the left it goes really slow and jerky?
Jason 2 months ago
Not enough days to play all these new games aghhhh.
PHILIP 2 months ago
Not happy.. Shit night at work and come home to an email from Amazon informing me they "expect" my xb1 Gears console will be with me on Friday latest - - a whole week later than I should of had it. Was gonna cancel but can't be arsed.. Got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy but if I had wanted it especially for the 4 day early access to Gears 4 I would of been seriously pissed off. Tried explaining it to the customer service desk but he did not have a clue what I was going on about she just kept saying "anything else I can help you with" and "have a lovely day and thank you for shopping with Amazon" ! Fanfuckingtastic ! I ordered my VR off here so hoping no problems with that delivering tomorrow as I really want that for the weekend.
PHILIP 2 months ago
All I need now is a message saying Last Guardian delayed till 2018 to finish me off........
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Philip - didn't you see twitter? Joe said the VR headsets may be delayed - Shopto only received 1/4 of the stock they thought they were getting so they are delivering in alphabetical first name order. If you don't get it now then it is going to be Feb
PHILIP 2 months ago
Turnip You had better be joking !
PHILIP 2 months ago
If thats the case I am cancelling my order.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
haha, only messing with ya! Supposedly you all getting them tomorrow. My Driveclub goes live at midnight tonight - which is great, can't play it yet tho
PHILIP 2 months ago
Turnip you bastard you got me there LOL
PHILIP 2 months ago
Yep... Had email off shopto saying ignore yesterdays message about the VR being delivered for Wednesday its being shipped today for Thursday.
tim 2 months ago
My order says still processing never ordered from here so will this change to being delivered soon or stay as processing:-)
Jonny B's avatar
Jonny B 2 months ago
Anyone playing PSVR, is it working in a small room ok for most games at least.
Jonny B's avatar
Jonny B 2 months ago
If any of you get it tomorrow that is cheers
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@jonny - my room/area will be small - i think as long as you can move your arms and you are sat about a meter or 2 away from the camera you should be okay
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
still on mafia 3 but it will never beat 2 also brought Tour De France 2016 of the store for £16 not usually what I play on but will try it out
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
@philip Amazon usually deliver before the last date. They rarely deliver on the last day. I ordered some stuff last week, and one parcel was due Tuesday, but arrived Sunday, and then another was due Friday and arrived Tuesday. If they do not deliver by the final day then you can claim some free prime time, or next delivery get free one day delivery.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Oh, I cna't tlak about it too much, but I played Steep at the weekend and it was pretty good. Probably not a day one for me, but I will eventually get it.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Until dawn and tumble vr demos are on US PSN now (for anyone who gets the headset early)
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
@Turnip, what catalogue do you use?
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
@toots - currently using 'VERY' - everything i've bought has been retail price or less and most items on a buy now pay 12 months so as long as I pay off within 12 months there no interest - so basically an interest free loan.
PHILIP 2 months ago
@superniceguy Gears console confirmed special delivery for tomorrow from Amazon. No compensation though just an apology bit at least it's coming. Gonna be caught out for choice this weekend for gaming now with this and VR coming...
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
nobody will probably see this - but if you have a US/CAN account set up on your PS4 the PSVR American demo disk is available for download - its 40 gig though. I'm downloading it now - has all 18 demos on it :)