Thursday Chat: October 13

We've been playing PlayStation VR, although the only game we have tested is the VR mode in Rise of the Tomb Raider. We have now updated that review, so make sure to check it out. We'll also have a video for it too.

Is your PlayStation VR arriving today?

Let's Chat!

Edited On 13 Oct, 2016

Comments
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
Hope everyone is enjoying there PSVR's. The big question on my mind which i can't seem to find an answer too is if i have a 1080p tv is it worth me getting the pspro. It's really bugging me.
symon1010's avatar
symon1010 2 months ago
Awake and awaiting delivery
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
the big one though is i'm thinking of getting my 4 year old a 2ds for christmas. Having never had one does anybody reccomend for or against this?
Kunal 2 months ago
Hi looking forward to my psvr unit coming. Order is still down as processing but I got a psvr tracking email. Any clues or is it for taking some time for dpd to update on their end?
Yasin 2 months ago
Yes im getting it today from Shopto the PSVR Headset + Move Controllers Twin Pack cant wait. Slightly ruined by the miserable weather today . loads of Free download demos for PS VR Games on the PSN Store. Also if you have a USA PSN Account there's a full free download of the Demo disc which is packed in with the US PSVR
Martin 2 months ago
No DPD tracking number for VR delivery... Would usually have had it by now... not a good sign :(
Jason 2 months ago
@joetoots yes it is VR will run better and all games will look better. Maybe not by huge margins but it deffo better. And it also means when you do get a 4k tv you will have the 4k feature at hand
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
i will be getting a 4k tv but i'm waiting till my old 720p big bugger in the front room blows. then i'm going to replace it with a 4k big bugger . thing doesn't want to go though!
Jason 2 months ago
Put a size 10 through it thats what id do or hit it with a hammer when wifes out and say the kids did it so you now need a 4k tv...jobs a good un
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
if i took a hammer to it, it would just sit and laugh at me. indestructible i swear. it has fallen off the wall before and everything. had my eye on this http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/lg/oled65b6v/lg-oled65b6v for a while now.
Jason 2 months ago
Holy smoke thats a beast I thought mine was expensive at 1800 lol thats a monster looks a beauty.
Massey's avatar
Massey 2 months ago
brought Batman arkham knight on the store for £13 I couldn't resist anyway every time I get it I always get rid so stuck with it now
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
The PS4pro may even be better (fps wise) on a 1080p TV, as all games from now on should be 1080p/60fps, whereas games for 4k will be 30-60fps.
JoeToots's avatar
JoeToots 2 months ago
well lets be honest. 1080p/60fps should of been the standard from the start of this generation!
listerdaleo's avatar
listerdaleo 2 months ago
anyone here got a problem the driveclub vr if own a season pass?
PHILIP 2 months ago
I'm not getting a 4k set till next year but apparently the ps pro will still look improved on a 1080p set so I am going to upgrade to a pro and move the standard Ps4 in the kids room. Then we will have it ready next year when we get a 4k set.
PHILIP 2 months ago
No sign of my psVR or Gears Xb1 console yet ? Hope they both come today
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
My stuff is all here but guess what - the camera is dead. off to cex to see if they will test the camrea as it might be the AUX on my PS4 - if it is then i'll send back the VR and get it once I have my pro. If its the camera i'll just buy a v2 from grainger games
superniceguy's avatar
superniceguy 2 months ago
@joetoots that may be why MS say that the Scorpio games will not benefit on a non 4K TV, but should still get 1080p/60fps, but this has not been clarified, and could still be 30fps on Scorpio on a normal HD TV. With the Pro Sony have stated that 1080p TVs will benefit with all games being at least 1080p/60fps and early statements said there would be no native 4K games. Playing PS4 games on the standard ps4 could begin to get worse, more being at 30fps, and/or 900p or below. All games could be 1080p/60fps from the current gen launch in 2013 but the devs always want to cram more into the game, and then it needs scaling back. Not even all PC games can do 60fps either, no matter the hardware eg Quantum Break windows store version, Mafia 3 on release and whilst FH3 can do 60fps it needs powerful hardware, as the game is designed around 30fps (according to eurogamer). Lets hope devs keep to Sonys request keeping games at 1080p/60fps at least.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Granger games tested my camera and it what I hoped wouldn't happen, the camera is fine. So the AUX port on my ps4 is broke. As far as I know it can't be fixed either. So I have to decide whether to keep VR but I can't use any of it until I get my pro or send it back and re buy it in December. Means that once I get my pro this one will have to be my spare in the other room or give to my parents though - I won't be able to sell it on. That's a pain. Ah well, hope everyone else enjoying theirs :D
PHILIP 2 months ago
Well no Playstation VR or Gears Xb1 console delivered. Requested they both be delivered to my Mother's house as I am in bed due to working nights and my wife is at work all day and no signs of either. I was going to have today off for these as well...
PHILIP 2 months ago
Until Dawn VR and VR worlds have just been delivered at half 6 so maybe they will still arrive ?
PHILIP 2 months ago
PSVR and Gears XB1console all arrived safely at last
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Some spare PS4 Call of duty Beta codes - please comment if you use one so people know :) - 1. 7CAB-G9NH-T2MQ 2. 46F4-CQN6-RRN8 3. 84DP-3RNH-7R6H 4. A73T-CKNH-GBAJ 5. 457Q-CLNE-EN8H