Monday Chat: October 17

It's Monday, so what did you get up to over the weekend?

I wrote a whole load of VR reviews and recorded videos to go with them. You can see all the videos we've done so far here. I wasn't meant to be working of course, but there was just so much to be getting on with, I thought I may as well, after all, you want to know which games are the best right?

So how are you all and what have you been up to this weekend?

Edited On 17 Oct, 2016

Comments
PHILIP 2 months ago
Thank you so much for your time I've the weekend writing out the reviews Joe. Must of taken up most of your weekend and it's very much appreciated. After spending most of the weekend on the PSVR I am glad to say I love it. When I first put the Ocean Descent on I was simply amazed how good it looked. However I have got one problem with it... My view drifts to the left on certain games and it is spoiling it. You can press option button which re centres your position so the display is central but when you go back into the game the screen is still off centre. This is why Drive club was knocking me sick. Rush of blood is fantastic but within 3 minutes into the game my screen starts to shift. This problem shows even more when you are holding two move controllers and trying to aim forward while facing left is impossible. Eve valkyrie dud the same. I've looked on Google and so many others are getting the same. IGN have two units doing it and have contacted Sony but as of yesterday no response. I've changed lighting, camera position, height of my position, distance. It really is ruining the experiance. Thumper on the demo did the same. I really hope Sony address this issue with a fix and quickly. Again Joe, thanks for the reviews it's helped with my upcoming purchases. When it's behaving itself the PSVR is amazing and It's really impressed me. Only played up to level 3 rush of blood and it's so good and some of the demos really show what we can expect from it. When Sony fix this drifting view problem.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 months ago
Thanks, it's nice of you to say. :) I can't say I have noticed any drifting issues, I will keep an eye out. Can't be too bad for me though or I would have noticed.
Chrissay's avatar
Chrissay 2 months ago
I've had no drifting problems at home, but had very bad problems when I took it to my dads to test it out. I found that a recalibration of the controllers fixed it up a bit. My house and my dads house are very different layouts, so it could have been that
PHILIP 2 months ago
@chrissay Well I started from scratch this morning.. whole entire recalibration.. lights distance etc. After I played rush of blood two levels no problem at all. On my 3rd run through it started drifting to the right instead ? Wtf ? How can this be happening. Got to the point where I was sitting facing 2 o clock which when you are using the move controllers it spoils your aim. Only fix I've found so far is either turn round complete facing 180 degrees.. wait 4-5 seconds then turn back to the camera and it almost re centres itself... for a few minutes... the other way is turn off the headset completey... turn it back on and it's perfect centre.. however this does not last long. Gonna try and sit on a dining chair for my next test this afternoon before I go to bed (I work nights) see if that helps... This really is spoiling the VR for me. What I have found to be amazing and impressive is also started to aggravate me. The whole family love it although my youngest I have only allow a 5 minute go as he is under 12. Even my wife asked for another go and that I thought I would never hear.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
I admit. I had such a bad migraine this morning I had to call in sick haha. But I have spent about 20 hours in VR just watching movies/tv and playing anno 2205 on my PC through it. So it's my own fault haha. I won't spend as long as that I don't think, once I get the VR to actually work. Mine drifts to the right every half an hour or so - I thought it was because I have no camera but it may be the firmware or something. Seems like the accellerometer in the headset (as I can still look around and if tracks me without the camera) may be too sensitive or something?
PHILIP 2 months ago
After trying with a dining chair instead there was no improvement. Game tested Rush of blood.. One go fine I thought yes I've cracked it and the next go Had to reboot 3 times during level 4 it seemed to make it worse. At the end of the level I was almost facing 3 o clock.... some reason head set drifting off to the right today... This has got to be a software issue of some sort because how can it be fine then go on a pisser... Had to give up I've got to get ready for work but I am hoping a solution is found as a quick look on Google 5 minutes ago and lots more people have reported this problem the same as me. Fingers crossed cause I so want to keep this.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
when you say reboot, what do you mean? you just quickly hold the select/menu button and it resets the view center to where you are looking
PHILIP 2 months ago
No turnip. option button recentres fine but when you return to the game it's still facing wrong way. even tried it in the game... no success... By reboot I mean power off VR... then power back on. Centres perfectly but within a minute it starts to move. 3 times and it still drifted.. I am phoning Sony up about it. Will update on here with what they say.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
oh, would have thought option re-centres it - it does in cinema mode, Which i dind't know until last night as I've been turning it off and on! until I saw the controller appear when you look out the boundaries and it told me to hold the button. Maybe its a good thing my AUX port is broke as I should hopefully experience it without this issue.
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Been playing Dragon Quest Builders a hell of a lot - amazing game! very in-depth, nothing like Zelda or Minecraft either, it's its own game and I love it! Up to chapter 2. Also just been CEX to sell some things and picked up tomb raider, finally, for the PS4, so will be going on that later, was going to wait for the pro to run at 60 or better graphics, but I can always re-play it if I want I guess
PHILIP 2 months ago
UPDATE. Spoke to local Game shop about the VR as Sony want 7p plus local call rate a bloody minute and I'm not paying that.. lady on phone and I was quite surprised by her knolwdge. She said Sony are aware "some" users are experiencing difficulty. I told her upfront that I had tried everything and she said she had the same but whichever way the screen starts to drift turn off headset. move camera to correct it the way it's drifting left/right and return to your same position and reboot and it reduced drifting by 90% at least minimal scale now so will try that when I get home from work in the morning. I hope it works .
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 months ago
What camera are you using? New or old model? I've not experienced drifting at all with PlayStation VR for some reason. Could it be to do with the camera, or perhaps light. Any mirrors or bright light in your room?
PHILIP 2 months ago
Joe... Camera is the original not the new model... I've tried every lighting condition possible. curtains open, shut, lights on, off, corner lamp on, living room door open, shut, recalibration lights, camera etc... Tracking in the games works flawlessly wherever I look it's perfect but when I face the TV (12 o clock ) the screen is more like 1 o clock or 11 o clock if shifting left. the option button has no effect in the "game world" only centres the cinema view so to speak. I've spent hours messing with it to the point of sheer frustration.. the only thing I've just read on Google is someone had the Same and after trying everything turned their TV off and it now works perfect. Maybe that's it. I will try out tomorrow morning.
PHILIP 2 months ago
As I said earlier if I face 12 o clock (TV) and turn the head set off and back on it centres perfectly but this can sometimes only last mere minutes before it starts misbehaving itself and drifting.. The worse I've had is rush of blood by he end of the level I lifted my head set up and I was almost facing 3 o clock. This is so annoying me.
Joe2120's avatar
Joe2120 2 months ago
The only thing I can suggest is to unplug everything you have connected up and do it again, following the instructions to ensure it is all plugged in properly. Maybe it's just something simple like that? Always best to try.
PHILIP 2 months ago
Will try everything again tomorrow morning after work. Thanks Joe
Turniplord's avatar
Turniplord 2 months ago
Tomb raider on PS4 - when trying to stream direct from the console - only lets you pick up to 360p on youtube and 540p on twitch - its the only game I've seen do that, especially one that has built in Twitch functions (people watching can vote on what skin you have or what advantage/disadvantage you will have for the next 30 mins) - it seems strange they have limited the quality. I've asked EG about it, see if they can contact SE