New details have been posted by EA on the latest instalment for consoles of their best selling franchise The Sims.
In The Sims 3 (out 29/10/10) players can create their own characters with unique personalities, give them lives of luxury and contentment filled with happiness. Or if you’re like me, you go make a cup of tea, make a phone call or two and come back to find they have gone mad, eaten their friends and are now peeing in a corner whilst dressed as a chicken.
A new feature to The Sims 3 on consoles is the addition of “Karma Powers”. These powers give instant abilities such as “instant beauty” or “get lucky”. There are also less more devious powers like “epic fail”. The powers aim to add a lot of fun to the game but be warned the powers do have consequences and come back to haunt you.
The Sims 3 will be releasing on all major formats but will have specific differences and features between them.
Platform Specific Key Features
Xbox 360 & PlayStation 3
- Build, Design, and Share Your Creations with the World! Connect to share your creations and download content from other players around the world without ever leaving the game through a seamlessly integrated exchange system.*
- Complete Challenges to Earn Rewards! Face short and long term challenges and reap rewards and trophies. Then share achievements with your friends online by connecting with Facebook*.
- Build and Customize! Build the ultimate home for your Sims, improve your town with building upgrades, and more.
- Go Head to Head Against Friends! In the new Life Moments Game, play with up to three other players as you bet on life’s most important moments to earn points and garner rewards.
- Exclusive Content and Town. Enjoy an all-new beach location with new residents, traits, careers, weather, Karma Powers, lifetime wishes and for the first time direct control of your Sim.
- Live long and Simulate! Create any Sim you can imagine and control their lives for the first time on DS. Control multiple Sims within a household and enjoy life’s special moments as you interact with the world.
- Robust Create a Sim. Use your stylist to sculpt your Sims’ facial features. Choose hair styles and clothing and dictate your Sims’ personalities.
- Customize your Sims world! For the first time ever on DS, build your Sims home with tools to draw walls and floors, and customize with décor objects, textures, and more.