To say that Sony has been under some pressure lately would be a bit of an understatement, so a recent SOE blog post will not only bring the company some relief but also the customers some joy.
Although there is no set date for the return of the service (it’s still “a few more days”), its the rewards announced for loyal fans which are most interesting.
All current SOE players will receive 30 days of added game time on top of a day added for everyday the system has been down. Additionally a host of currency, bonuses and events (see the full list below) will also be handed out.
Make Good Plan:
- DC Universe Online: Batman and Two-Face Inspired Masks and 30 Marks of Distinction
- Free Realms: Free daily items (7 to collect)
- Clone Wars Adventures: Count Dooku v2 Outfit
- EverQuest: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Rare Mob Spawns and Double Faction Gains
- EverQuest II and EverQuest II Extended: A series of events, including Double XP, Double Guild XP, Loot Bonanza, and City Festivals
- Vanguard: Saga of Heroes: A series of Double XP events
- Star Wars Galaxies: Bounty Hunter Statue, a miniature model of Boba Fett’s ship, the Slave I
- Magic: The Gathering – Tactics: Four of each of these spells: “Ivory Mask”, “Duress” and “Angelheart Vial”, plus 500 Station Cash
- PoxNora: Limited edition Carrionling, Welcome Back 5K Gold Award Tournaments and two Draft Tournaments, plus 500 Station Cash
Lifetime subscribers will receive the additional gift of 20,000 coins for Free Realms, 7,500 Galactic Credits for Clone Wars Adventures and 10 Marks of Distinction for DC Universe online. Station Access customers will receive 500 station cash.
US SOE customers will have access to a year of Depix which is an identity protection firm, non US customers will have access to similar companies depending on location.
It would certainly appear as if SOE are pushing the olive branch out to sweeten its customers.