Microsoft has just dropped some details and prices on the three editions of Gears of War 3 to be released on September 20th.
In a new vidoc “Gears 3: Inside the Wicked Workshop,” art boss Chris Perna demonstrates the process of creating the ultimate fan collectibles.
The main feature of the epic edition is the hand crafted statue of Marcus Fenix, brought to life by expert artisans.
- An Octus Award Box with Octus Service Medal – A 1:1 match in size and weight, this zinc-alloy cog-shaped medal replicates the award given to Adam Fenix in recognition of his work on the Hammer of Dawn.
- Exclusive Unlockable Adam Fenix Multiplayer Character – Each Octus Service Medal replica is engraved with a unique Xbox LIVE code that is the only way to unlock Adam Fenix in multiplayer.
- A fabric COG Flag (!).
- The personal effects of Adam Fenix, including his “Last Will and Testament,” the initial Hammer of Dawn schematic, and other Fenix family mementos.
- Marcus Fenix statue – It’s 11.2 inches high and weighs 1.7 kilos. How can you not want that hidden away from all females in the house proudly displayed on your mantlepiece?
- The Art and Design of Gears of War by Tom Bissell – A book by Tom Bissell including 96 pages of interviews, photos, concept artwork and more.
- Infected Omen Weapon Pack – Custom multiplayer skins for the game’s five starting weapons; Lancer, Retro Lancer, Hammerburst, Sawed-off Shotgun, and Gnasher Shotgun.
- All the contents of the “Gears of War 3” Limited Edition.
Gears of War 3 will be available September 20th on Xbox 360. Pre-order the standard edition here and the limited edition here.