IGN has revealed all the details you need to know for the Uncharted 3 beta, including dates, maps and game modes.
According to the gaming site, the beta starts on June 28th for those who subscribe to PlayStation Plus and those who pre-ordered inFamous 2. If you aren’t one of these lucky people then for you that date is July 4, before the whole thing wraps up on July 13.
Two maps are included in the beta, the French chateau and airfield, while you will be able to shoot it up in Team Deathmatch, Team Objective, Plunder, Three-Team Deathmatch, Free for All, High Stakes and three Co-op modes which IGN didn’t divulge but promised a lot more details on later this week.
IGN also provided details on the Uncharted 3 packs power plays, which are one-minute events that occur to give the losing team a fighting chance.
Here’s the details provided for them:
- Marked Man - A person on the winning team is marked, and the losing team gets 3 points if they kill him. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each kill and a special medal if the Marked Man doesn’t die.
- Cursed - The winning team sees all characters as skeletons and friendly fire is turned on. Each time the losing team gets a kill or the winning team kills one of its own, the losing team gets two points. Meanwhile, the winning team gets double cash for each member of the losing team killed.
- Exposed - The winning team’s location is revealed to the losing team. The winning team gets double cash for each losing team member killed.
- Double Damage - Losing team inflicts double damage. Winning team earns double cash for each kill.
There is also details on Boosters (equipable abilities that affect gameplay):
Booster Slot 1 Options
- Come Here - See the opponent that killed you on your radar until he or she dies.
- Retaliation - Spawn with the Power Weapon you were killed by.
- Cloaked - Opponents won’t see you on the radar and you can’t be heard.
- Weapon Expert - Gives you the ability to add additional mods to you weapons.
Booster Slot 2 Options
- Back in the Saddle - Reduces your respawn time.
- Bargain - Decreases the cost of Medal Kickbacks. (Special powers you set before the game and have to earn in a match.)
- Power Hunter - See the location of Power Weapons.
- Daredevil - When you taunt over a defeated opponent, you get extra ammo.
And finally details on Kickbacks (a special ability you earn the right to use when playing):
- Smoke Bomb - You vanish in a puff of smoke.
- Speedy G - You get a speed boost.
- RPG!!! - You instantly spawn an RPG.
- Cluster Bomb - One grenade explodes into multiple grenades.
You can get the full details over at IGN.
Don’t forget you can pre-order Uncharted 3 from ShopTo now.