Q-Games has announced a new side-scrolling shooter, PixelJunk SideScroller which is based on the unlockable stage from PixelJunk Shooter 2.
PixelJunk Sidescroller will see you blasting holes in walls or using your ship itself to drill past scorching hot magma. The fluids react in real-time to the player’s actions and to other liquids, creating unique and exciting situations with every play.
Here’s the key features:
- Stages as Puzzles – Players attempt to change the terrain and environment around them to progress. It takes strategy, planning and addictive replay to succeed.
- Vector-Like Visuals – Water, magma, metal – and many other exciting fluids – get the PixelJunk treatment. Dodge pixelated magma-splosions as you navigate your ship through various reinvented environments.
- Customize Your Arsenal – Retrofit your ship to match your style of play on the fly by switching between sophisticated weaponry to suit your strategic needs. Search for hidden Power Up items and upgrade your arsenal of weapons to unleash massive destruction!
- Fully Adjustable Difficulty – Fear not! Play at your own pace by choosing your preferred difficulty setting. Checkpoints are plentiful, so PixelJunk SideScroller will keep pulling you back with its bubblingly addictive gameplay.
- Online Rankings and YouTube Uploading – Share your scores and game footage with the world.
PixelJunk SideScroller is a downloadable title which will be released via PSN later this year.