Luigi embarks on a dream vacation with Mario and friends upon receiving an invitation to a luxurious hotel. However, his dream quickly becomes a nightmare when King Boo reveals everything had been a ploy to capture Mario and friends.
With the assistance of Professor E. Gadd once again, the reluctant and cowardly hero Luigi traverses up and down treacherous doors of the now-ominous hotel on a quest to save them.
Wield the upgraded Poltergust G-00 to slam and blow away the ghosts’ defenses, or summon Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger that can help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone. Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each. For more frenetic multiplayer action, race the timer to clear various objectives on a series of doors in ScareScraper mode. ScareScraper mode can be played online or locally with up to eight players on four Nintendo Switch systems (additional games required; sold separately).
• He may still be cowardly, but Luigi has more tools and abilities at his disposal than ever before. Master Luigi’s new powerful moves of Slam, Suction Shot and Burst
• Team up with Professor E. Gadd’s latest invention, Gooigi, an all-green doppelganger able to slip through tight spaces, walk on spikes, and otherwise help Luigi overcome obstacles he can’t get past alone
• Interchange between Luigi and Gooigi as one player, or grab a friend and control one each at the same time
• Explore the Last Resort, ascending through its differently themed doors full of quirky contraptions and haunting enemies
• Race the timer with up to 8 players to clear objectives on a series of doors in the ScareScraper