Release Date Or Compensate (UK addresses only)
As Hardcore gamers ourselves at ShopTo.Net we know more than most just how important it is to receive games by the release date, so we are pleased to introduce a revolutionary and unheard of scheme which will earn you money if we fail to deliver!
For every pre order of a new release product you place with us, you will automatically qualify for a £5.00 store voucher should we fail to deliver this product on time.
This offer is strictly for pre-orders of new releases which are made by 12pm two days before the official release date - this will usually be 12pm Wednesday. An item bought as “In Stock” does not qualify as a pre-order; it must be processed under our pre-order system.
By using Royal mail 24/48 Tracked Service Delivery we’re able to see when our games are delivered, so if you can show us your game was delivered late then we’ll compensate you!
How To Claim
To claim your £5 we require proof from Royal Mail that the item was not delivered in time. The only proof we will accept is the information provided by your order’s Recorded Delivery tracking number, no other forms of evidence can be used.
You can obtain your tracking information by entering your tracking number into the Track and Trace page on the Royal Mail website.
In the event you’ve received your item late but the tracking number does not show required proof of delivery on the Royal Mail website you will need to obtain it from Royal Mail before submitting a claim to us. Please contact your local sorting office or Royal Mail customer services for this.
If you have your proof of late delivery and meet the terms and conditions below, then you’re able to proceed and make a claim for your £5 store voucher through the Release Date, or Compensate Claim Form.
Terms & Conditions
- A Release Date or Compensate claim is only available when you use the 24/48 Tracked Service, 1st Signed For delivery or DPD option only.
- If you claim is approved your £5 store voucher must be spent within 1 month of issue. The voucher will be invalid after this period. Only redeemable against in stock items only, excludes pre-orders/back order and digital items.
- We reserve the right to withdraw this offer in the event of Royal Mail postal strikes, adverse weather conditions (There can be no compensation offered if you do not receive your item by the release date if it has been due to the delivery being affected by the weather) etc. Bank holidays are also excluded.
- If you are not home when Royal Mail attempt to deliver and your package is delivered or collected after the release date, a claim will not be accepted.
- If an item is refused, not signed for or lost in transit you are not eligible to make a claim.
- You cannot make a claim if you return the item for a store credit or refund.
- This offer is only valid for pre-orders that are charged and dispatched before the official release date. ShopTo.net is not responsible and will not compensate in the rare event that due to circumstances out of our control we do not ship your pre-order in time for release (e.g. stock shortages, adverse weather preventing deliveries).
- This offer is dependent on the service provided by your local Royal Mail sorting office. If 3 consecutive or over frequent claims are made then we reserve the right to withdraw this offer and not accept further claims from your account.
- You are not eligible to claim in the event your pre-order is shipped late due to your card being refused by your issuing bank.
- The decision on if you qualify is at the discretion of ShopTo.Net and our decision is final.
- Claims must be made within 10 days from dispatch of the item.
- This offer can be withdrawn at any time.
- This offer is only available for items shipped to United Kingdom addresses.